ebikes and fitness

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i got a good chuckle with all the big ebike manufactures promoting ebikes as a form of exercise. i would tell my wife i was going out to burn some calories and exercise on my electric bike. she would laugh and i would say look how strong my thumb is from working the throttle.
now that i have been riding the electric bicycle for a while i found out i went from 230 lbs to 206 lbs. this is the least i have weighed that i can remember. i can't think of anything i have changed except riding the bike a lot. still eat junk and pizza and all the good stuff however i do pedal assist to start and i do pedal up all the hills or mountains to assist the motor and also i find my self pedaling longer when i start out to get up to speed faster. i carry the bike up and down the stairs to the condo so i knew i was getting a little exercise but not this much. i am having so much fun i actually never thought about it. shoot i may get under 200 lbs which i havnt been since i was in the military. (got out in 1979).
dnut

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Some people recommend that you commute to work on electric assist, and then pedal the ebike home after work; when its not a problem if you get a little sweaty. I don't know anybody that really does that.

vsavoldi

Jul 24, 2012
Monterey Bay California
Yeah my trike is so heavy and I worry about burning up another cheapo motor so I pedal a lot. I get quite a workout every time and being the fat old dude that I am it's way too much work, I'm very happy it's fun also or I wouldn't do it at all.

No weight loss yet but I feel my legs getting stronger :)