New here help

GoldenMotor.com

tmg996

Nov 25, 2016
Arizona
Hi all! I have had motorized bikes in the past but my first time here! I just aquired this Electra Rockabilly Boogy on a good swap. Looks a little difficult to motorize with the fatty tires and not so standard frame. ANY suggestions? This thing would look bad ass with a kit in my opinion. And don't worry good brakes are first if I can get a 2 or even 4 stroke to fit. Please help!pino.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
can't really tell from google pics, but doesn't seem bad if it is the one with single top tube

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
might take some cleverness with the mounts and exhaust, but a 2-stroke should fit

I don't build coaster brake bikes at all, and also don't like aluminum builds either if that's what it is.

tmg996

Nov 25, 2016
Arizona
I got the bike as a near steal so adding front brakes will be first. Paid basically 60 bucks for it. It is 7005 aluminium if I remember. Im also worried how fat the tires are. Theyre 24x3.0 so it doesn't leave much room for a chain.. Very fun bike. Great brake, 3 speed internal hub, cruises like a dream. Makes me want to motorize even more lol

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
you'll need a smaller sprocket than usual for that 24 wheel - clearing the tire can be done with some work, but a skinnier tire could also be fitted - regular inspection of frame for cracks may show where to weld on some gusset plates later

if it is worth the extra work to you, it looks doable

tmg996

Nov 25, 2016
Arizona
Anybody have a value on the bike if I sell it to get a brand new built kit? Only one I see online is 500 bucks in mint condition. Mine isnt mint but has a special edition paint only used for 2 years. Cant find ANY info from online or shop resources