safe to use a rubber

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I get it from the old boots that they used to use around the sewer vent on houses. They use rubber now, so look for an old abandoned house that has fallen down (lots of them around here), and scavange some.

Some older hardware stores still have them, and can't sell them anymore (lead is a no-no according to Uncle Sugar). You may get a lifetime supply for free.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I used to sell a little lead sheet "kit" but the gov't and the post office had a hissy over me shipping lead through the mail, so I can't do that any more.

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
I get it from the old boots that they used to use around the sewer vent on houses. They use rubber now, so look for an old abandoned house that has fallen down (lots of them around here), and scavange some.

Some older hardware stores still have them, and can't sell them anymore (lead is a no-no according to Uncle Sugar). You may get a lifetime supply for free.
Its basically the flashing it could be anywhere.

Lex Luthor's Bed, Bath and Bane of Humanity
I don't plan on licking the stuff.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
My Dad was restoring a pipe organ when I was a kid and I used to blow through the lead pipes (lips on lead) all the time and I not damage in soft stuff that make think in head.

And if I didn't want Superman to know what I was doing in bed, I bet lead sheets would come in pretty handy. ;)