N e w r e o

GoldenMotor.com

RAT ROD

Feb 7, 2013
RIVERSIDE CA
Started a new build today, cut frame and mocked up motor placement. The frame is walmart and the engine is a 200cc electric start from carrol stream motors. So this will be day by day posting so try to keep up...lol. Dave

Attachments

RAT ROD

Feb 7, 2013
RIVERSIDE CA
Well it's been almost 2 weeks of waiting for parts and some progress.....First pic is of bike with cardboard temp. for crank and jack shaft/disk brake mount. Had to stretch the fork and widen her also, the motor mount/trans is just clamped together, just picked up parts from laser cutter took a while but worth the wait. This weekend its frame time ......... PS Thanks for nice words Curt.

Attachments

RAT ROD

Feb 7, 2013
RIVERSIDE CA
Curt almost all the things I use come from a steel supply house for making fences and such ... I used a 3 inch weld cap a 3 inx1/2 inch ring and some 1/2 in thick wall tubing, hope that helps.... Dave

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Curt almost all the things I use come from a steel supply house for making fences and such ... I used a 3 inch weld cap a 3 inx1/2 inch ring and some 1/2 in thick wall tubing, hope that helps.... Dave
Yes Awesome THANKS....................Curt

RAT ROD

Feb 7, 2013
RIVERSIDE CA
Jazz I too have a liking for the Merkel , some gets in my work I think . Curt I'm not loving the springer fork so sorry in comes a gurder. Today I ruffed in the gas tank. The welds arn't pretty but they keep the gas in side...Dave

Attachments

RAT ROD

Feb 7, 2013
RIVERSIDE CA
Made a headlite wired it to the springer to see if it fits the proportions ok, i think it's a go on her still waiting on front end triple trees and such .....please excuse my bad spellin and gramer. PS glad i only tack welded the frame as i'm putting on a larger neck now.....Dave

Attachments