Re-Birth "Board Tracker Build"

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Looking Good Jeff, when you going to be ready for a ride? I got the itch!

Just curious why you don't like the jackshaft disc brake set up. Is it too grabby or something?

Thanks for all the pictures of your continued good work. You are a major asset to this forum. You drop a lot of knowledge on us.

Gilbert

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Man this build is looking more clean and classic than ever! Everything is sano and well thought out, did you get Isky to turn a cam to match that carb? I know you won't tell so nevermind the question :D

Really awesome build Jeff, even if it just looks good. Looks like a great competitor for the mid class if it gets to race.

Thanks for sharing and nice pics!

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I'm seeing a lot of things I like.

That straight bologna cut exhaust with no muffler looks nice and loud.

I also am very fond of Grade 8 bolts, super strong and the brass hue appeals to me.

And finally, I absolutely love the oil drain plug with attached hose for muss free oil changes. How does that work? Is there a valve in that 90 degree elbow?

Also, one more question, on my GC190 I have recently been getting air and engine oil coming out of the vent hole that is usually attached to the fuel pump in factory mode. I have deleted the pump and replaced carburetor and I left the vent alone. It did not seem to spew oil before. Do you cap that vent, or run a tube to a catch can?

Thanks,

Gilbert

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

I also am very fond of Grade 8 bolts, super strong and the brass hue appeals to me.

And finally, I absolutely love the oil drain plug with attached hose for muss free oil changes. How does that work? Is there a valve in that 90 degree elbow?

Also, one more question, on my GC190 I have recently been getting air and engine oil coming out of the vent hole that is usually attached to the fuel pump in factory mode. I have deleted the pump and replaced carburetor and I left the vent alone. It did not seem to spew oil before. Do you cap that vent, or run a tube to a catch can?

Thanks,

Gilbert
Pardon me, not to detract from this thread but I was working on a Honda GC190 last week and it was back-firing and throwing 12"-14" yellow flames and sounding like a 12G auto shotgun, blasting out of a stock Honda muffler!

Very impressive!!!! Never seen anything like it. My 212cc doesn't even do that.

I fixed it.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca

Thanks,

Gilbert

You don't want to cap that vent tube, I would run it to a catch can. Sounds like you have excess blow by, piston rings may be worn. You can also try 20/50 oil. Check your oil level too.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The bike is DONE... They say KISS... Keep-It-Simple-Stupid.... I tried

Attachments

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Cool build, or rebuild since it's getting a makeover. Curious how you like the GC 160 as compared to the GX200. What size carb you running? You should make the trek up to the spring Whizzin ride in late march. I'll be there and so will my brother. I'll bring the cold ones! Besides, it's always fun to make the overhead cam whizzers work extra hard trying to keep up!

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Hey Pat... I like the GC160 as a mild motor that it is with a kinda sexy look. It works best with a cvt to limit the rpm's. GX series are power monsters as you know. I think you need to play around with a cvt drive and see if you like it, I have an extra to send you if your interested.

I may make that whiz ride... They ok with honda power? Ha ha

Attachments

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hey Pat... I like the GC160 as a mild motor that it is with a kinda sexy look. It works best with a cvt to limit the rpm's. GX series are power monsters as you know. I think you need to play around with a cvt drive and see if you like it, I have an extra to send you if your interested.

I may make that whiz ride... They ok with honda power? Ha ha
Hi Jeff,
The Whizzer guys are cool as long as you show up with quality durable equipment. They had a bunch of guys with bone stock china two strokes on Walmart bikes show up one year and every one broke and loaded up the chase trucks. Your bikes would be more than welcome.
So far no interest in the CVT, but thanks. We work the big overhead valve Whizzers pretty hard as they try to keep pace with us. Even a HF79cc can run with a flathead Whizzer all day long. Those high hp Whizzer engines still only run 8 ounces of oil so they are very limited. I always see the same thing, they can run 50, maybe 55 mph in a short burst, then come off throttle with a puff of blue smoke. No oil control and not enough of it. Unfortunately it's the death of a very expensive Whizzer engine.