OCC Schwinn with 24 inch rear wheel kit

GoldenMotor.com

pedalchopper

May 9, 2010
Ft Myers beach Florida
Dan - this build was requested on this frame... I have a couple of these rose and black OCC stingrays - i guess girls edition but it was a guy that wanted it.... In florida rose / pink is acceptable..!? Anyway installed my 24 inch wheel kit and a 43 tooth sprocket...

I only use grubee 66/80cc GT5's and I installed my pedalchopper edition head [modeled after manic mech gen 2 head] and an actual delortto carb, I ended up with a #62 jet - just a little rich but i think bike will grow into it...

REALLY SPUNKY on low end! I could have went smaller with the gear [I have used 39 tooth] gear on these with the big 24 wheel... But some of the engines have a hard time pulling them so I have been using 43's mostly with this large wheel. May lose a little on top end but they usually do around 35mph which is fast enough...

Note... I always try to stay away from tensioner pulleys - especially on the motor side... This unit has a guide pulley on drive side but I always use them with 24 inch supsersize kit as it steers chain away from brake stud on frame. I was able to just put a small chain tensioner set-up on the bicycle side which works out nicely NOTE: the clean minimalist look - my pedalchopper edition sprockets are designed [for me] to mount drive gear directly to: Disc Hub. Although my gears are drilled to work with both Manic and pirate adaptors.

I Used stock triple tree - it was threaded so i was able to put an open 1 1/8 inch top cap and just drom a 1 1/8 quill and 4 bolt stem. And although I did lift the rear - the stock fork was just the right height to allow me to use stock kickstand. This combined with the carrier rack really gave it a long low look and with the laid back seat post and fitted shim system I have... very comfortable upto around 6 ft tall as is...

I am proud of this one.....trk

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Thanks for the reply. I have a chopper frame with 24" rear and 26" front. I took it apart before I built my last bike and it's time to get back at it. It has the same 2-stroke you use and it does get with it pretty good. Hope to start putting it back together soon. I'll post a pic when I have something to show.

Dan

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Dan - this build was requested on this frame... I have a couple of these rose and black OCC stingrays - i guess girls edition but it was a guy that wanted it.... In florida rose / pink is acceptable..!? Anyway installed my 24 inch wheel kit and a 43 tooth sprocket...

I only use grubee 66/80cc GT5's and I installed my pedalchopper edition head [modeled after manic mech gen 2 head] and an actual delortto carb, I ended up with a #62 jet - just a little rich but i think bike will grow into it...

REALLY SPUNKY on low end! I could have went smaller with the gear [I have used 39 tooth] gear on these with the big 24 wheel... But some of the engines have a hard time pulling them so I have been using 43's mostly with this large wheel. May lose a little on top end but they usually do around 35mph which is fast enough...

Note... I always try to stay away from tensioner pulleys - especially on the motor side... This unit has a guide pulley on drive side but I always use them with 24 inch supsersize kit as it steers chain away from brake stud on frame. I was able to just put a small chain tensioner set-up on the bicycle side which works out nicely NOTE: the clean minimalist look - my pedalchopper edition sprockets are designed [for me] to mount drive gear directly to: Disc Hub. Although my gears are drilled to work with both Manic and pirate adaptors.

I Used stock triple tree - it was threaded so i was able to put an open 1 1/8 inch top cap and just drom a 1 1/8 quill and 4 bolt stem. And although I did lift the rear - the stock fork was just the right height to allow me to use stock kickstand. This combined with the carrier rack really gave it a long low look and with the laid back seat post and fitted shim system I have... very comfortable upto around 6 ft tall as is...

I am proud of this one.....trk
Pedalchopper, ( Jim ), I'd really love to see a video of this unit / build, that is unless this unit already went to a new home?

Thanks for sharing this work of art, you are very talented when it comes to Customizing and Motorizing the OCC Pedal Chopper!!

BTW, do you have an updated release date for your 5-speed retro fit kit, which allows for converting a single speed OCC Pedal Chopper to multi-speed?

Peace Crazy Horse.