brake will this work

GoldenMotor.com

oldpot

Jun 21, 2012
MICHIGAN
ok here goes ,
i had an old huffy 90s cruiser that had front and back brakes on it i saved the brakes to see if they fit on my new huffy good vibration , the front brakes are just a bit short and the brake itself catchers the walls of the tires but if i put the brake on the inside of the frame they do not touch i am asking will this work i know i never seen a bike with it like that is there a reason for that ? or will i have to get new front brake that's got 4 inch from hold center hole on frame to rim of tire.
if i need a new brake anyone know where i can get one that's got 4 inch from hold center hole on frame to rim of tire.

here what i mean the right way

other way

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
I personally would not use that style of brake. They do not have the clamping force that you are going to want at 30mph speeds. I am using a worksman wheel with drum brake http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii521/Adam_Wight/IMG_20121026_185610.jpg but there are also other options like disc and V brakes (also not the greatest at speed). with the drum you can make an bracket so it works with the stock forks and with the disc you can also find adapters or cheap forks with the caliper bracket already on them.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Both answers are right. Yes it will work that way as long as the pads don't rub the tire, and those brakes are not very good compared to v-brakes or hub brakes.
They will work better than no brakes so go for it if thats what you have.