Guess I may have to retire........

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I feel it's time to update this post seeing as I haven't retired just yet...

So, the Unlimited Class is still alive but lacks racers to keep it exciting, at least for me. I keep hearing yeah you're gonna have some competition this race, "some monster bikes and fast electric's are gonna kick your ass"!!!

Talk is cheap and I welcome the competition. Anyone can race in the Unlimited Class no matter what size engine you run. It just so happens Sander Sindell placed 2nd behind me on a 66cc China girl in Unlimited!!!

It gets a bit lonely when you actually have the fastest bike at the track and no competition for it...

If the competition is not there, then I guess maybe I should retire from the fastest class that's on the track...

I'll be 60 years old at the next race at Grange Motor Circuit in October, don't make me retire, show up and at least try to kick my ass!

Good Luck!!!

#3 scotto-ale

brnot

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
If Dean wasn't in such a rush to make it home before 9pm, I was going to let the kid race the unlimited class. Next time if we leave early, I'll have Big D take the bike home for me! We plan on having 3 BoXers ready for the next one so don't retire yet Scott!

Reactions: MotorBicycleRacing

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
Scotto,

Sander raced my MB, I built it for novice class. He got 2nd in china girl expert class also.

We all have much respect for your racing skill.

We are talking about building a 4 stroke for him to ride, so don't retire yet.

It's always fun to see you race! See you in October at Grange!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
So, the Unlimited Class is still alive but lacks racers to keep it exciting, at least for me. I keep hearing yeah you're gonna have some competition this race, "some monster bikes and fast electric's are gonna kick your ass"!!!

Talk is cheap and I welcome the competition. Anyone can race in the Unlimited Class no matter what size engine you run. It just so happens Sander Sindell placed 2nd behind me on a 66cc China girl in Unlimited!!!

It gets a bit lonely when you actually have the fastest bike at the track and no competition for it...

If the competition is not there, then I guess maybe I should retire from the fastest class that's on the track...

I'll be 60 years old at the next race at Grange Motor Circuit in October, don't make me retire, show up and at least try to kick my ass!

Good Luck!!!

#3 scotto-ale
The man, the myth, the legend! #3

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Scotto, I think BGF was talking about the first post.
Quote(Well it sounds like the bikes over 12hp may not have a class to race this new year.) And fell should be "feel".

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Thanks MBR, the post I was referring to was dated 4-15 I didn't notice it was 2015! I was laughing at Scottos question and didn't notice the date, I'm showing my age!
P.S. (I'm almost as old as Scott!)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm not old.....just getting older, that's all! 60 is the new 40, just wait till I'm 90!!!

Congrats to Blaze (21yrs. old) who just beat me and won the the Unlimited Class at Grange last Saturday...that was some FUN racing!

He also won the Ultimate Race against the fastest Bikes VS fastest GoPeds, my head pipe blew off the cylinder head of my bike on lap 4 and I DNF'd. A great day of racing for all!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm not old.....just getting older, that's all! 60 is the new 40, just wait till I'm 90!!!

Congrats to Blaze (21yrs. old) who just beat me and won the the Unlimited Class at Grange last Saturday...that was some FUN racing!

He also won the Ultimate Race against the fastest Bikes VS fastest GoPeds, my head pipe blew off the cylinder head of my bike on lap 4 and I DNF'd. A great day of racing for all!

That really was one of the best days we've ever had at the track! (^)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I won the bet that Magrider would not be at the Oct 21 race.
Huge turnout so I did not notice on race day. Sadly I did notice that a few regulars were missing.

Guess what I won?
Yes! a shorty one piece kid crank!!!
sorry to hear that Scotto, the most fun that I had on my Morini was chasing you at the Grange last race. There are a few mods that i'm making to the bike so I can be more competitive with the front runners.

Don't retire there is only 3 races this year.

I'll be racing what I brung

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
I won the bet that Magrider would not be at the Oct 21 race.
Huge turnout so I did not notice on race day. Sadly I did notice that a few regulars were missing.

Guess what I won?
Yes! a shorty one piece kid crank!!!
Steve texted me friday night before the race. Said he had to work and couldn't make it. Him and his dad were looking forward to it, so hopefully they'll make the next one.

If anyone wants shorty cranks, I have a pile of NOS Wald one piece cranks, ranging from 3"-5". :)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Baird,
You are racing the 4 hp Midrange sub class so you are following the winner #98 Nashmoto on a little Honda GC 160 around Grange.
You are half a lap behind Nash in a 10 lap race so Scotto and the winner #80 Blayze on their 20 hp bikes will lap you in a 10 race and maybe in a 6 lap heat.
Your bike was running great though beating Scotto's 99cc HF Preddie and Jeffs #710 45 cc GP 460 bike.

No, not the ultimate race. I have a fear of hitting curbs. Or gopeds shaped like curbs.

I wanna run a heat in the unlimited class to try and follow scotto around.