CRM stage2 vs RSE stage 3 head????

GoldenMotor.com

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
Looking for some input on the above heads as I have had problems with my reed conversion and have it nailed down to compression (too high at 170 cranking psi) as well as the ignition with the help of others on the forum. I am running the puch head with a machined combustion chamber to lower it but it's detonating badly. Would like to hear opinions on these heads before I have to fork out for it. How hot it runs etc.

Cheers.

sleepy hollow

Apr 28, 2012
huntington beach ca
Thanks but not the path i choose to go.
wrong answer, norm is correct, 170,psi is comparable to a chevrolet 350 with 11:1 compression ratio, nothing that has that much compression is going to run without pinging(detonation) without a proper octane level, so you have ONLY 2 options.

lower the compression-add a head gasket

use higher octain fuel- 95+ octane fuel, if its not available use a octane booster.

i hope you upgraded the crank bearings and rod bearing for the increased compression wich has increased torque.duh.

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
Thanks but before reeds this head on my engine ran well for thousands of miles no problem, I'm looking for the info on the above heads is all. These heads have a larger chamber volume than mine which is a lower compression.

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi, u can get stage 2 & 3 top end kits from RSE but the head is the same in both, the differences in the kits is porting etc. Cheers