Years of hard work are starting to pay off!! :)

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That's really cool Norm. Have you heard anything else about what might have become of these bikes?

Do you have a contact at the studio, or did they just find you? I think it would be great if you could get some of your bikes featured in a movie, or magazine. Have you ever thought about contacting Cycle World, or Motorcyclist?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I had a lady call me & say that her boss told her to call me about how to start it, but I don't know which actor it was... :/

I asked the guy from CAA who purchased all the bikes how he found me, & he told me that he did a lot of research on the web & looked at a lot of other builders in the area & decided on me to build the bikes. :)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
You got to love that. I think you definitely deserve that kind of recognition. But what about magazines Norm? I've had motorcycle magazine subscriptions constantly since the early 70s. I can't remember seeing a motor bicycle in one, ever. They always do articles about bike builders in Cali.

Considering how the motorcycle magazines how gotten pretty boring the last few years it seems like the time might be right to try to bring something new to their attention.

I wouldn't play the racing card to them at first. They would probably laugh us off as a small group of nuts. Street riding, and how numerous, and practical it is might be a good approach, and then after getting their attention you could talk about the growing racing movement. Mention your studio sales too. Sales numbers are what gets their attention. Try to impress on them there might be a buck to be made off us. Mention that nation wide thousands of motor bicycle kits are being sold monthly, and this trend has been going on for more than a few years now. They could be the first publication to shine a light on this movement. There's been a couple of articles about Ruckus's in the last year. They kind of made fun of them, but at least they got mentioned.

Our biggest obstacle is there's no big factory to advertise in their magazine, but they might still be interested if they think we're a possible new subscription source, which we would be if they ever noticed us.

Cycle World's address is, 15255 Alton Parkway, Suite 300, Irvine, CA 92618. How far is that from you? You're probably the best person to do this Norm. What do you think?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Congratulations, Norm!
Your hard work has paid off, even if just for now.
I hope that this will lead to more opportunities for you to advertise and expand your business.

MB's have been in the magazines before.
Gimme time to find the one in my pile 'o magazines.

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
That is AWESOME! Congrats Norm!
Now all we need is a nice group ride in the LA/Hollywood area and have them show up on the bikes :)

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
That's so cool! I hope that you keep getting gigs like this for the studios making bikes for actors, its great for you and for us! Cheers!

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
Mississauga Ontario Canada
I just gained the utmost respect for you VMB. I cant believe i stumbled upon motovelos site and dealt with that piece of slime Aydin Ozan instead of you sir. The fact that you put together 6 black bikes as clean as the ones in the pictures in a single weekend reflects on your work ethic and dedication. I tip my hat to you.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ahhh, I'm planning on making a movie and have some real famous actors in it. Would you build me a bike so I can see if it would work in the movie? Nothing fancy, just one of your high end builds. I'll pay you after the movie comes out. :)

Tom

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's the next chapter in 'Years of hard work...'
These two bikes (& lots of other motorized bicycle parts) were just sold to a local TV production company.
You'll be able to see the bikes on the next season of 'Container Wars'! (^)

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
They had motorized bicycles on storage wars last year
Or maybe the year before. The 2 fat guys were givng Lori and her husband sh!t about them cuz they aint worth poop.