Speedometer mount?

GoldenMotor.com

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Ok I have a old school speedometer on my bike and don't like it being off center on the handle bars. I have some ideas on how to mount it, but wondering which size of these clamps to use.

The handle bars are your standard 7/8" bar, but the two sizes I can choose of these clamps is 3/4" and 1". Now I don't know if the given size includes the rubber covering or not. I plan on using two of these clamps and make a plate to go between them to mount the speedometer to and maybe a couple other things. So I need them to clamp tight to the bars so it stays where I want it.

Attachments

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Go with the 3/4". 1" might not close tight enough. By the way those are called Adel clamps.

Tom
Thanks Tom...

The bag of the ones I just used that I got from Lowe's called them Rubber Lined Clamps... hahaha

This is where I used them, for mounting my head light.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Looks good, drac. Those clamps have been around for years. You'll see them used in aviation applications a lot. They will do the job. Your headlight mount is great. Good work. :)

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I like those clamps too, my local Ace has them for less than a buck so I like to use one to hold the back of the left side chain guard.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
those clamps are currently holding my rearveiw mirror on my bike better than the standard mirror mount , it stress cracked from the vibes an I almost lost a 15 buck mirror .
Gary