Anybody built one of these?

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This is my brand new, Felt Deep 6. I've been waiting 15 weeks to get it, and I just picked it up 2 hours ago. In pictures it's good looking. In person it's amazing, and stunning. That's all I can say now, because my little mind is spinning.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I picked it up this afternoon in my work van. After that I had to stop at a parts house to get somes supplies for tomorrow. They know I'm into MBs so I ask the boss to come have a look at my new bicycle.

He walked over to look in my van, and he did a double take, before dropping his jaw to the ground. He expecting to see a bicycle, but he wasn't expecting it to be like this one. One one is prepared for what they're about to see, and it takes a few seconds for what they're looking at to sink in. Then they're like WOW, you're going to motorize that. That's cool man.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
Wow thats kinda rude...if ya have to ask you can't afford itlaff

I was at my favorite bike shop and they were putting one together, I was amazed at the paint and the design...it rocks. You can't fit a motor in it..ha ha

I see why you are "Biknut"
ill rephrase - "how much did you pay for it" (the list price is indexed by google)

Are you gonna put your fuel tank in the frame, it seems like its possible with the frame design. It has some cool lines.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Great looking bike! This is on my short list for the future so I'll be sure to watch how it goes for you. Good luck! By the way, aren't the bars upside down? I've always read the description the ads as "up on the downside" or something like that....

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Great looking bike! This is on my short list for the future so I'll be sure to watch how it goes for you. Good luck! By the way, aren't the bars upside down? I've always read the description the ads as "up on the downside" or something like that....
You're right, they're suppose to be the other way, but my back, and wrists aren't having it. Felt does mention that the bars are reversable. Besides that I gotta have them different because, I'ma webble.

In case anyone is interested, the the steering tube is threadless. I'm not sure what size, but it looks like 1 1/8". The stem is like you find on mx and mountain bikes. The handle bar clamp has 4 bolts. The handle bars are alloy, and are 1 1/4" at the clamp tapering to 7/8". This is my first bicycle with a threadless steering tube. I did assume they were stronger just from looking, but I have to say, these handle bars feel very solidly mounted to the bike.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
That bike is awesome! I am totally liking the Thick Bricks on it too. I bet it rides as smooth as a Cadillac.
I am hoping you make a build thread on it.
Converting the top tube into a fuel tank is not hard, just time consuming. There are a few threads here on the subject.
One way or the other, I know that you are going to enjoy it!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That bike is awesome! I am totally liking the Thick Bricks on it too. I bet it rides as smooth as a Cadillac.
I am hoping you make a build thread on it.
Converting the top tube into a fuel tank is not hard, just time consuming. There are a few threads here on the subject.
One way or the other, I know that you are going to enjoy it!
The pictures of this bike are only 20% as addictive as seeing the real thing in person. When I went to pick it up, and first laid eyes on it, I didn't say much, but I was thinking wowohwowohowowoh.

i didn't have much time to slobber over it then because I was working. I got to look at it a little brfore dinner, and then it was off to school. When I got home tonight I was able study it in the garage for a while. The more I look at it the harder it is to stop.

I'm now thinking about deciding to stop working, and spend all my time from now on, just washing and waxing this bike. I not sure I'll ever even ride it again. I'm going to keep it in the house all the day, and I'll keep it in the bedroom with me at night.

If I have to leave the house I'll load it in the van, and take a couple of wax towels with me.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
ill rephrase - "how much did you pay for it" (the list price is indexed by google)

Are you gonna put your fuel tank in the frame, it seems like its possible with the frame design. It has some cool lines.
With sales tax it was $783

I'll probably end up doing everything to it, but I'm not in any hurry. I'm just going to enjoy looking at it for now.

I been having a ton-o-fun riding the Atomic BB.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
4 stroke. Fourrrr ssstroke.. *waves hands around, dangles chain in front of your eyes

Ffffourrrrr ssstrrrroke. You know you wanna. Resistance is futile, you're gonna do it eventually :D
Naw awaaa. I'm from the less is more school.

The Les Moore 2 Stroke Academy lol.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Unless your MB friends are master builders, this bike won't make you any friends. Most MBs will look pretty shabby next to this bike. The Atomic BB is trying to keep it's cool, but that's not going to be easy as time goes by.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Gorgeous bike, grats!!! I look forward to seeing your Morini or KTM clone in there, SURELY not a China Girl!

It is funny that we think it is rude when someone asks how much we paid for something. It seems like a perfectly valid question. Anyone can get the list price, but it is good to know if they are actually selling for list when we go to buy one.

We do it with cars all the time, right? Makes sense for non-Walmart bikes too...

Speaking of which, did I mention that bike is gorgeous??? I am definitely thinking my 4 stroke build will be on a Felt...

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Gorgeous bike, grats!!! I look forward to seeing your Morini or KTM clone in there, SURELY not a China Girl!

It is funny that we think it is rude when someone asks how much we paid for something. It seems like a perfectly valid question. Anyone can get the list price, but it is good to know if they are actually selling for list when we go to buy one.

We do it with cars all the time, right? Makes sense for non-Walmart bikes too...

Speaking of which, did I mention that bike is gorgeous??? I am definitely thinking my 4 stroke build will be on a Felt...
Ya know I have 4 kids and not once has anyone ever asked how much I gave for that baby LOL!

Nice bike dude!