Need a better mount for my 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
My cheap eBay kit came with the most ghetto mounting plate you could conceive of. I am going to go at it with my dremel and angle grinder to make it work for now, but I want a better solution before I go ahead and paint my frame.

I have a schwinn cruiser frame and the size and angle of the downtube present some... issues with mounting.

Does anyone know of a good adjustable mounting plate available for the 4 stroke?

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
My cheap eBay kit came with the most ghetto mounting plate you could conceive of. I am going to go at it with my dremel and angle grinder to make it work for now, but I want a better solution before I go ahead and paint my frame.

I have a schwinn cruiser frame and the size and angle of the downtube present some... issues with mounting.

Does anyone know of a good adjustable mounting plate available for the 4 stroke?
My plate is part of the kit from SBP 4 stroke shift kit

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Here's what I did. I made the clamps out of 1" thick aluminum and the U-brackets out of 1/8" thick x 1" wide mild steel from home depot. I used a tablesaw with a metal cutting blade to cut the aluminum, a drill press to make the holes, hole saws that were slightly bigger than the tubes for the big holes and a vise to bend the steel. I love how it turned out.

Attachments

2dfx

May 20, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Here's what I did. I made the clamps out of 1" thick aluminum and the U-brackets out of 1/8" thick x 1" wide mild steel from home depot. I used a tablesaw with a metal cutting blade to cut the aluminum, a drill press to make the holes, hole saws that were slightly bigger than the tubes for the big holes and a vise to bend the steel. I love how it turned out.
This actually looks pretty awesome. Nicely done!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Just passing this along for another mount idea...
I am working out the mounts on my build right now. The rear mount was easy to fit up just by using a half round file to rough cut it and some sand paper wrapped around a wooden dowel for final fitment.
To fit the diameter of the dowel precisely I wrapped some newspaper tightly around the dowel before wrapping it with the sand paper.

The front mount is a whole 'nother story though.

Here's the thread:
http://motorbicycling.com/f41/point-beach-gets-ezm-kit-35635.html