Simply Flawless GEBE

GoldenMotor.com

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Thought Id post up a little review of my latest creation. After my Morini build and coming to the realization that a bike that goes 55 mph might not make the best local cruiser (more like riding a light switch). In the past I had put together a bike for my father using the GEBE 32cc Tanaka. I was impressed with the reliability of that setup having put 240 miles on it myself over a few months. The only thing I was a bit reserved about was top speed and the power for hills.

After searching for different solutions I finally settled on purchasing an install kit from Golden Eagle and buying my own 40cc Tanaka. Pictured below is the final product, a day or so after completing a 70 mile ride on the 8th San Diego group ride.

My impressions are that the 40cc (technically its like 39cc) supplies just enough additional torque for the larger rider. Top speed seems to unaffected (#12 gear) as I was able to hit a GPS verified 34 MPH in ideal level conditions. This setup seems to top out a little higher than most of the China motors on the ride but did not seem to have the same uphill torque as the China girls (probably due to is 10-26cc disadvantage).

Overall Im happy, these make amazingly reliable daily drivers and I think for my next build I may try a Honda GX35 in the same belt drive.

Cheers

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Very nice build!
I still like the GEBE set up alot. I was seriously considering buying one, but now I am leaning more towards an EZM kit.

Hopefully some Sunday in the future we can meet up at a ride. I have yet to make it to one because I typically work Sundays and also I also refuse to ride without a Cali plate. The local Sheriffs around here do not play nice with MB's and are more than willing to become revenue makers if you are not totally legit.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Very nice build!
I still like the GEBE set up alot. I was seriously considering buying one, but now I am leaning more towards an EZM kit.

Hopefully some Sunday in the future we can meet up at a ride. I have yet to make it to one because I typically work Sundays and also I also refuse to ride without a Cali plate. The local Sheriffs around here do not play nice with MB's and are more than willing to become revenue makers if you are not totally legit.
To each his own, I have a CA plate on my other bike but I dont feel its much an issue, been on three long rides (totaling about 200 miles) all the way north and south of San Diego and never have been given a second look.

If I want to i can just take the new bike up to the DMV and with about $20 and 45 minutes of time I have a new plate.
Easy Day

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Nice clean ride, Cory! I would put money behind that build pleasing you more than most your others you have to ride daily!

I remember a few years ago another MaB forum going downhill over the emergence of the GEBE, and certain MaBers went all fanatical and all but blew some digits off at the whole ordeal. I myself was a diehard chinagirl rider getting ready for my second replacement engine, and I think that event was the beginning of when 4-strokes became a great alternative. Sure Staton was around, and there were always Whizzers, but prices were very high then and still almost up there now.

I've always respected the GEBE and admired it's reliability. I honestly believe it also helped create this forum and bring a very large amount of people over here.

Buuuut, I'll take my own 4-strokes in-frame kthx Gotta have my racks and sidebaskets! :D

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Nice clean ride, Cory! I would put money behind that build pleasing you more than most your others you have to ride daily!

I remember a few years ago another MaB forum going downhill over the emergence of the GEBE, and certain MaBers went all fanatical and all but blew some digits off at the whole ordeal. I myself was a diehard chinagirl rider getting ready for my second replacement engine, and I think that event was the beginning of when 4-strokes became a great alternative. Sure Staton was around, and there were always Whizzers, but prices were very high then and still almost up there now.

I've always respected the GEBE and admired it's reliability. I honestly believe it also helped create this forum and bring a very large amount of people over here.

Good post.
Its like they say... guys with 4 stroke in frames end up with bowed legs haha. Ive got a 99cc Predator too. I just ordered another kit from GEBE though and a GX35 if thats any indication of my faith in the product. Plus, I come to the realization that woman tend, not to like to ride in frame builds. ;-)
cvlt1

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
good looking bike i picked up my gebe kit from a coworker who was moveing for a hundred bones amazed at the quality and power of the little thing

i have had a 2 stroker china
a 4 stroker
and now my gebe kitfor quality its defintly a gebe kit

with a # 12 im purring along at say 25 30 maxing at 35 ish

.flg. sweet rig

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
good looking bike i picked up my gebe kit from a coworker who was moveing for a hundred bones amazed at the quality and power of the little thing

i have had a 2 stroker china
a 4 stroker
and now my gebe kitfor quality its defintly a gebe kit

with a # 12 im purring along at say 25 30 maxing at 35 ish

.flg. sweet rig
I heard from the very informative lady on the phone at GEBE that the motor will perform even better once broken in. I assumed mine was broken in having put 100 miles on it but she said it's probably got more to give. She also expressed concern that the additional torque could cause a rim issue.

On a different note I have been running Opti through her at 100:1 since the second tank, anybody else done that with these emission friendly Tanakas?

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
100:1 im sure the gebe could do it im gona stick to 50:1 this is my cadalic bike

i know on their webiste they recomend a syn blend but if you did the 100:1 i wander what would work best probaly full syn