29" 4 stroke HHO Hybrid

GoldenMotor.com

microTRENT

Feb 8, 2011
Buckeye, AZ
hey everyone, im planning this build and i was just wanting some input on top speed, acceleration and tips on if this will be a good little setup or some extras that will help with performance. im trying to get at least 45mph and semi decent pull from dead stop.

bike
motor kit

i know it comes with the 44t sprocket, and its recommended to go a little bigger to like a 48 or 50 because of the 29" wheels, but should it be better for me to keep the 44t for more top speed?

also, a little crazy and maybe revolutionary, ive thought of adding HHO to the air filter intake to save gas. i can run a micro setup that runs off a couple 9v batteries or just use my battery packs for my R/C truck to get the electrolysis from. heres a little vid i found of one working. i also know the difference between browns gas and hho, browns is where you only run hho and the other way is simply as an additive which im wanting to do.

HHO

feel free to share some input, never build a bike with a motor before, but when i do i want to do it right.

Last edited:

microTRENT

Feb 8, 2011
Buckeye, AZ
oh what a bummer. now where can i find a cheap kit thats belt driven like that? that seemed like the best deal, i have no idea what the EZM kit goes for or what it all includes.

on a different note... would a shifter kit like THIS be the best thing to go with, that is if the bike i go with has a rear sprocket and derailer setup?

microTRENT

Feb 8, 2011
Buckeye, AZ
I'm sure the hho will come about I just haven't seen anything working well except Myres(sp) dune buggy,I am at this moment watching the hho radiant heating vids,I think I need one of the hho welding gas converter boxes( YouTube - Part 5 of 6 HHO Gas Radiant Heating 2010 )in this guys vid's,lol
so is that actually supposed to be used as a welder or something?
and as for the hho, i would figure that it would work the same as adding one to a car just making one with a little lower output due to a smaller motor..

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
That sounds great,

been thinking about some alternatives about combining true series parallel operation. I would recommend you take a look at PWM controllers, another thing to think about is concerning the electrical systems. you dont want to draw to much juice as you might stall the engine.

1) isnt amps what do the real work in hydro splitting?
2) have you looked into wood gas? (uses any high cellulose bio mass as fuel) it only requires controlled bbq reactor (oxygen and temp) to generated syn gas.
3) theirs also GEET fuel reactors. take a little google trip!

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
With the 44t you will be working the little clutch pretty hard unless you pedal it up to a pretty good clip first. This would be really miserable in stop n go. Any major hill climbing will suck also. I have the same unit on a 26" mid weight and its just right. The 29s will kill it with out going to a larger rear sprocket.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
oh what a bummer. now where can i find a cheap kit thats belt driven like that? that seemed like the best deal, i have no idea what the EZM kit goes for or what it all includes.
I sell the EZ kits. They're not cheap but they go forever. Here's a link to my site. You don't have to buy one , just giving you info since you said you didn't know what they go for or what they include.
Jay

EZ Motorbike of Lebanon

microTRENT

Feb 8, 2011
Buckeye, AZ
With the 44t you will be working the little clutch pretty hard unless you pedal it up to a pretty good clip first. This would be really miserable in stop n go. Any major hill climbing will suck also. I have the same unit on a 26" mid weight and its just right. The 29s will kill it with out going to a larger rear sprocket.
that sounds pretty realistic. i think im dropping the idea of the 29" cause parts for the wheels and tires are a little less common to come across. plus i found some pretty decent 26'rs that are out of mesa that are only 150 soo. thanks for the tip too!

The HHO might make the engine run a little smoother and increase the effective octane of the fuel, but you won't save any energy -- remember, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch:

Conservation of energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so basically the whole idea of using just a little less fuel ~25% from the additive of the hydrogen doesnt work with the smaller motors? ive tried to research this as much as possible so i would like to be corrected, but i have no hands on experience with it, but everythings points to the minor fuel savings. what industrialphreak said with the GEET fuel reactor seems like a better way to go, lol time too look into a whole new idea. thanks for the input.

1) isnt amps what do the real work in hydro splitting?
2) have you looked into wood gas? (uses any high cellulose bio mass as fuel) it only requires controlled bbq reactor (oxygen and temp) to generated syn gas.
3) theirs also GEET fuel reactors. take a little google trip!
dude, that is what ive been looking for! something for smaller engines. perfect.

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
Micro....

Well thank you! theirs a lot of stuff out their you can explore mod wise for fuel. geet is cool from the videos i cant wait till i get my daemon four stroke to bork around with these technologies. hopefully with luck i will not have the same issue i experienced with two strokes being so tuchy and loosing my seals and dripping oil everywhere!

Another idea would be to experiment with true series parallel by throwing a nice dc generator on the engine output andgoing from their!

microTRENT

Feb 8, 2011
Buckeye, AZ
i was looking at those daemon's too, ya i hear the transmissions arent so good in them, but if i got it, i would need at least a month out of it til i could get a belt transmission. you think i'd be safe with that? cause for the cost of one on ebay really makes it a decent deal for me to throw it in for a while til my funds can upgrade it, but i dont have a clue how long that hopper tranny has lasted for anyone.

discontinuuity

May 24, 2010
Colorado, USA
With the HHO gas generator, you're taking the energy in the battery and turning it into chemical energy (the HHO gas), which burns in the engine to make mechanical energy. Since internal combustion engines are only about 25% efficient, a lot of that energy gets wasted as heat going out the exhaust pipe and the cooling fins. So you'd be better off using the battery to run an electric motor.

If you run a generator/alternator off of the engine in order to make the gas you'll end up wasting more energy that you create. And you might even have problems with lubrication, since there's no two-stroke oil mixed into the HHO gas.

The only thing that HHO gas really works for is cutting/welding. You can't use it to save fuel, and anyone telling you otherwise is using bad science in order to sell you something. It's the same old thing as a perpetual motion machine -- like trying to power a light bulb with a solar panel that draws energy from the light bulb's light.

Here's a more detailed explanation: http://www.aardvark.co.nz/hho_scam.shtml

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
hey everyone, im planning this build and i was just wanting some input on top speed, acceleration and tips on if this will be a good little setup or some extras that will help with performance. im trying to get at least 45mph and semi decent pull from dead stop.

bike
motor kit

i know it comes with the 44t sprocket, and its recommended to go a little bigger to like a 48 or 50 because of the 29" wheels, but should it be better for me to keep the 44t for more top speed?

also, a little crazy and maybe revolutionary, ive thought of adding HHO to the air filter intake to save gas. i can run a micro setup that runs off a couple 9v batteries or just use my battery packs for my R/C truck to get the electrolysis from. heres a little vid i found of one working. i also know the difference between browns gas and hho, browns is where you only run hho and the other way is simply as an additive which im wanting to do.

HHO

feel free to share some input, never build a bike with a motor before, but when i do i want to do it right.
This was my project I wanted to do as well, but with different setup.

mine was, and still is.. I just have to get motivated to put it together.

1) 4stroke engine
2) chopper bicycle with trike extension (trike extension made for engine chain)
3) hydrogen dry cell + 2x 12v battery from a toy jeep, nice and slim.

the idea's I've seen show this to work, it's only a matter of putting it together and tweaking things to get consistant production.

the chopper trike will house the hho generator on the rear with option to add a seat overtop.

I could post some drawings I did, but I'm at work right now.

Cheers

Last edited:

microTRENT

Feb 8, 2011
Buckeye, AZ
This was my project I wanted to do as well, but with different setup.

mine was, and still is.. I just have to get motivated to put it together.

1) 4stroke engine
2) chopper bicycle with trike extension (trike extension made for engine chain)
3) hydrogen dry cell + 2x 12v battery from a toy jeep, nice and slim.

the idea's I've seen show this to work, it's only a matter of putting it together and tweaking things to get consistant production.

the chopper trike will house the hho generator on the rear with option to add a seat overtop.

I could post some drawings I did, but I'm at work right now.

Cheers
you could do the trike idea, or you could just put the cell and battery on a shelf that goes over the rear fender, make it slim and simple so if you do any customizing on the rear fender it will still look somewhat natural.

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
you could do the trike idea, or you could just put the cell and battery on a shelf that goes over the rear fender, make it slim and simple so if you do any customizing on the rear fender it will still look somewhat natural.

only problem is what most guys are saying.. you need alot of engery input for the output to run the motor.

24volts at 2x 12v batteries should do it..

I think for the trike I can utilize the space for a basket for stuff or a seat for a person.

I'll give better info when I get home.