Camping on 3 wheels!

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Something tells me that if someone came knocking on your camper at 3am you wake up with a big headache. rotfl

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Is that a computer keyboard and screen where the driver's seat is supposed to be? And why are the drawers numbered? I'm not convinced. I tried to sleep in the back of a Jeep Cherokee two nights and felt like I was sleeping in a shoe box...this has to be worse.
But then, if you'd spent the day on the road in that thing, you'd probably be able to sleep anywhere. :)
Tom

Last edited:

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Thought you'd guys get a kick out of it. All it needs is a toilet and shower. I'd personally feel like a sardine all the time, but then again, these have about as much room or more as volkswagen type 4 squareback, And I camped in one of those for 3 years, someone modified it with a pop top like the busses. You could fold down the back seat and sleep with your head against the front seat backs. Was enough room to sit up and four to five people could cram in to smoke a joint, lol!!!

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I have to agree that the desks are in the way. Number one there just doesn't seem to be enough room up front to squeeze that desk in with the drive and controls. Now if it were removable, that would be cool. He(designer) has cut off the left door with it. Also the desk in the back is in the way, keeps you from being able to get in and out through the back, should be retractable/fold up. I like the picture were the guy's sitting on the tail gate, though. If there was a little pull out chair/couch type thing, then the desk could be used to set a laptop up and access it while sitting out back, would make a scenic web surfing spot, lol.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Is that a computer keyboard and screen where the driver's seat is supposed to be? And why are the drawers numbered? I'm not convinced. I tried to sleep in the back of a Jeep Cherokee two nights and felt like I was sleeping in a show box...this has to be worse.
But then, if you'd spent the day on the road in that thiong, you'd probably be able to sleep anywhere. :)
Tom

Ever have a claustrophobic moment getting out of one of those sleeping bags? laff

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Its a concept vehicle only, artist rendering. But I have driven the Piaggio 50cc before, and they are a dream to drive. The handlebars are intuitive when driving a three wheel. And they have some get up and go, since they are 2-strokes. Nicely carb'd 2-strokes that is. The one I drove was a mini delivery truck. The problem is good luck getting one here in the US, they are not allowed as far as I know. They fall in that half motorcycle/half car realm which alludes our DMV's idea of what should be on the road. Guess its just to hard for Americans to think outside the box, or maybe the car companies have had too much control over vehicle laws, which shun alternative transportation, all for more cars sales!!! Greedy bat-turds!!!

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I saw a concept car on TV a couple days ago and the rejection was they are light weight and suv and simi trucks would crush them(doesn't that happen too the cars we now drive) this thing had a roll cage designed and looked in the interview like it would protect the riders like the cages do in racing boats (you know the ones (pods)that seperate when the 200 MPH boat crashes)and being lite I believe it would bounce off not crush.,,They were giving it the death knell that media write ups do as people believe what is told too them,,I know ,bouncing off isn't good for you but I think crushed in the cars we drive now would be worse

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
They allow that stupid, ridiculous, thing called a 'Smart Car' on the road. Anyone who drives one of those has absolutely no self respect.
Someone sent me a picture of one that had been crushed between two trucks. That 3 wheeled scooter would have survived better, me thinks.
Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Come on guy's don't be haters! I am not a fan of the "smart" car either but if you are driving any compact car and stick it between two trucks it'll fold up like a two dollar suitcase same way!Back in the day I had 6 corvairs and loved them! I still have a fondness for them.So don't ridicule someone for thinking out of the box.Like ahhh...I don't know some thing silly like putting a motor on a bicycle!!