NC to FL 770 miles

GoldenMotor.com

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
OK I have lost interest in this trip. My father got very sick and i used my vacation. and rain and cold weather has got me indoors most of the time. But I am back and this trip is getting some new attention. I think i would like to get a 4 stroke motor so i don't have to worry about mixing fuel. I have a under rack mount tanks 3/4 gal. each and the stock tank total of 2 gal. this will give some very good range. I need suggestions on a good 4 stroke and testimony if you will.
Thanks Mark

Last edited:

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Mark, since you are in North Carolina, it should be easy for you to find a Dealer, seeing that NC is the eastern home of EZM. You will not have as much of a worry about gas mileage either, as the little HS will get anywhere from 140-180 mpg depending on weight, riders style, and gearing options.

I clocked 72 miles on the smallest peanut tank, and it was NOT completely full, of course I was taking it easy on the throttle and I weigh 130 lbs???? NOT!!! Turns out I weigh more like 301 and was running mostly flat, and mostly flat-out! I do not think I ever exceeded 34 MPH but someone thought it was a lil higher.

The bike is a Middle weight American Murray, I did use fairly smooth street tires (Ching Shin "City Travelers"), with back rack complete tool bag, and a 1 gallon gas can (we expected to ride 100 miles, and I knew the lil peanut was gonna run short.

I love my EZ Bike, and am now searching for a better fitting frame for me, to be able to enjoy the ride a lil more, and make a little better presentation than my old Murray does.

This pics was shot by Miles, at the gathering point, before the start of the 90 mile ride (yeah a girl and I got lost, and we rode 99 that day!!!).

I hope you like her, that bike has carried me a long way, I'm hoping that a new Electra Cruiser 1 will carry on the tradition.

Mike

Attachments