Base for the new build

GoldenMotor.com

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
this is the base fornthe build im starting on.only gonna be keeping the handlebar, fork, frame and fenders. 2005 manhattan cruisers aeeo deluxe 6 speed. Been worked over, some things changed, but its in good shape, gotta love those big fenders. The rack will be replaced with a wald large dual basket rack. 4 stroke motor with sick bike parts jackshaft. Will havento convert the crank with parts from the kit. Havent decided fully on the wheelset yet, beem boumcing so,e ideas pff people here, so im still making that decision.i know the front will be a drum brake. Probably some version of a internal hub on the rear wheel, may use a suicide shifter for that. Will use a clutch lever for the throttle instead of the grip orna thumb. Poor mans cruise control as long as you wamt to go that speed. Gonna forego the teardrop tank for a 3 gal boat tank mounted to the rear rack. Thats the important things, things like seat, grip, instrumentation, lights ect, will be updated as they are obtained.

Attachments

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
Thanks. Im pretty excited about it. Will post pictures and updates as it progesses. I think im going to order the work stand first. Makes sense to have a comfortable way to assemble or work on it.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I find just a good wheel hold and a comfortable low chair to work from better than anything short of an actual hydraulic lift like for motorcycles.

Padded carpet for a work area helps too, but any pad helps.

My point is MB's weigh much more than a plain bicycle with more things in the way to even attach the bike stand.

My wife bought me one for some holiday a couple years ago.
Pffftt, what a joke for MB work in my book for many reasons.

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
The one i want looks pretty sturdy and ergonomic. We will see. You are right though, lots of stuff is better witha low rolling stool. Will let you know how it works out.