Looking to experemnt with 4 strokes

GoldenMotor.com

BoardtrackTank

Oct 10, 2015
Miami
I was lucky enough to find a Honda GXH 50 on ebay a guy bought and never put oil in it or fired it up for $230. Put a Qmatic transmission on it cost $299 and very powerful. If I ever see one at that price again I will buy it.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Sorry if I added too much complexity. But, I have an engine that has crankshaft short length and is only good for a pulley or a gear. A clutch needs more length. Doing research for a non-kit and getting specs on items and see if compatible before you buy anything is important. I don't want to have others make a similar mistake. Models numbers for engines have options for versions, this is where I erred. Still a lot of the parts of this engine are good to use on another engine I have, or sell it working as is to recoup.

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Sorry if I added too much complexity. But, I have an engine that has crankshaft short length and is only good for a pulley or a gear. A clutch needs more length. Doing research for a non-kit and getting specs on items and see if compatible before you buy anything is important. I don't want to have others make a similar mistake. Models numbers for engines have options for versions, this is where I erred. Still a lot of the parts of this engine are good to use on another engine I have, or sell it working as is to recoup.
That could be fixed by putting the clutch on a jack shaft, could even slow it down some to kick the clutch in at higher rpm's...............Curt

grathado

Sep 28, 2015
mississippi
lol wish i could pay one of you guys to put together a list XD that 79er look awsome but if i can find the honda i think it might be fast enough for me,

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
That could be fixed by putting the clutch on a jack shaft, could even slow it down some to kick the clutch in at higher rpm's...............Curt
True, it is just so much is already built for gearing down and the room to fit it to make changes is difficult. I'll look at that option again. Another way was just push and go (no idle).... had a few motor bikes like that.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Buddy of mine is picking up that whizzer above as we speak,so that one didn't last long.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Yes, it had a rack, tach,blinkers and headlight visor...all options. Great deal