wheel wont spin

GoldenMotor.com

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Now here is a small frame. The motor is mounted low in the frame by reducing the thickness of the rear motor mount saddle. I also use a billet saddles I buy from Jim at Pedal Chopper. No worries about them breaking after they have been thinned down.

This actually a BMX bike I built for my wife. She 5' 1" so I needed something with a low standover height from the top bar to the ground.

Also the angle plug head is a huge advantage for this type of application for plug to frame.

The bike also sports a custom sprocket and used the hole pattern of the high flange rear hub to bolt the rear drive sprocket on. Eliminating the need for a sprocket hub. Very true and straight.

With the frames horizontal drop outs I am able to use the freewheel hub with the chain tensioner on the pedal chain. Makes adjusting the motor drive chain a snap.

Since it is a BMX bike I think the rear spacing is around 12Omm. Narrower than a mountain bike. 26" BMX bikes are a little hard to find but I am happy with results.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So? Is this a success story? Can we ad it to our "got him running" roles?

I want to publicly thank Fatdaddy and Brown for sticking with this young man and getting him on the road and enjoying his motorized bicycle. You guys went above and beyond and the forum appreciates it. It's why we're here and members like you are valued. Thanks again.

Captain, have fun and please, ride safe.

Tom

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL

I want to publicly thank Fatdaddy and Brown for sticking with this young man and getting him on the road and enjoying his motorized bicycle. You guys went above and beyond and the forum appreciates it. It's why we're here and members like you are valued. Thanks again.

Tom
He is running now but I am going to work with him make sure he gets some other details straightened out before I would say it is a complete success.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
On the clutch, First make sure all the slack is out of the clutch cable. If ya pull the lever and it dont Start pulling the arm RIGHT AWAY then you wont get a full pull on the clutch arm. SO, Go to the clutch arm, Pull on the cable to take out ALL the slack, gently push on the arm while pulling the cable, push the cable lock up to take out slack, lock it down there and ya should be good to go. you should now be able to completely disengage the clutch when pulling the lever in.
fatdaddy.usflg
And just playin, BUT, OH YEAH, it's the coil.LOL

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Tom
Thanks Tom, Not that I'm looking for it, but its still nice to be apreaciated. And a VERY BIG "HATS OFF" to Mr. brown. Sending him the parts was a very generous thing to do.
fatdaddy.

Jan 12, 2015
Merced, California
yeah seriously you guys are the best. unfortunately i wont be able to ride at all for the next couple days (right off the bat i know) cause i wont have the bike with me but i guess we'll see how it holds up after a couple days being left off.
and P.S. i do know how to take the slack out of the clutch lever, it just loosened a bit with use

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2015
Merced, California
im leaving the bike at a friends house for safe keeping this weekend, and on the way there, i took a road with speed limit 40mph. now i dont have a speedomter on the bike yet but the cars on the road were barely crawling ahead of me.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I wasn't trying to say anything about yer intelligence bro, I was just making sure ya got the easy stuff out of rhe way before ya went taking yer clutch apart or something. Wasn't tryin to offend. I'm just Happy as heck ya got a ride now. And I kinda like my Farm, Glad I get to keep it for now.LOL
Happy trails bro,
fatdaddy. dance1

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Check the pictures.
He doesn't have that spring on.
He has the clutch thing down.
It just that first little adjustment you always have to make after a little break in.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
im leaving the bike at a friends house for safe keeping this weekend, and on the way there, i took a road with speed limit 40mph. now i dont have a speedomter on the bike yet but the cars on the road were barely crawling ahead of me.
Holy crap! 40 mph? Two weeks ago the wheel wouldn't work right, and in the mean time you've been tinkering with it. Forty is too fast until you get all the bugs worked out, and ride it for a while- and then it still may be too fast on a production bicycle.
Captain, we all like having fun, but some stuff is too much. You gotta stay alive in order to have more fun!

Seriously dude.

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I say RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT, But Trey is kinda right. Take it easy on it till yer REAL SURE ya got all the bugs worked out and the engine is broke in some. AND FOR SURE GOT REAL GOOD BRAKES. MOST of my bikes will do 40mph or pretty close to it. The speed limit in most of this city is 35mph. The TOP legal limit for a motorized bicycle in California is 30mph. If a cop clocks you any faster than that you may get yer MB status taken couse over 30mph makes it a motor driven cycle.

406. (a) A “motorized bicycle” or “moped” is ( )1 a two-wheeled or three-wheeled device having fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power, or having no pedals if powered solely by electrical energy, and an automatic transmission and a motor ( )2 that produces less than ( )3 4 gross brake horsepower and is capable of propelling the device at a maximum speed of (not more than 30 miles per hour) on level ground
..................................................(Not more than 30mph).....................
So take it easy bro. or just dont get caught. and start looking up all the MB laws in California So ya dont sound ignorant when a cop DOES pull ya over. I can help ya with that. All ya gotta do is ask.
ride safe.
fatdaddy.duh.