Motorized Nishiki Mountain Bike(redone)..upgrades?

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
I built this for a buddy. He rode it for a week and then it sat, he sold it to me dirt cheap. It's a quality bike, I ended up doing a tear down/ re installation of the kit. It's not perfect but I think it turned out nice. I've replaced the mounting studs with SOLID bolts. So far it's stock, I'm thinking about adding a chrome speed demon muffler(which I've used in the past) and a low profile performance air filter. It's a very clean build in my opinion, I go to work on it after every ride to keep it in top notch shape. It's more appealing in person I think. It has a very long clutch lever(that has a different locking method than the junk loaded push button mechanism) The clutch is butter to pull, there's nothing to it. It pedals flawlessly while locked in, it's a smooth ride too! What do you think? I've got it setup how I like it. I will post more pictures when the upgrades have been ordered, and installed! Upgrades are coming from a neighboring city and will only take a day or two to get here! Happy motoring guys! It's getting a little cold, I bundle up and cruise for hours!usflg

Attachments

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
Looks good. You Should add a mount to your exhaust. They are known to fall appart from vibraition, also may want to get an automotive style spark plug boot.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Looks good. You Should add a mount to your exhaust. They are known to fall appart from vibraition, also may want to get an automotive style spark plug boot.
Yeah, I'll have to get around to that. I've used both in the past, I just don't have one. I haven't had issues, except for losing baffle caps, which sucks. They don't just loosen, the studs snap off, I've had it happen even with the muffler clamp secure, those welds inside are terrible!

Last edited:

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Looks Great Donovan! I built my son a 2 stroke Nishiki, One of the best looking Mountain bikes - Quality frame too. Check out my builds album n tell me what you think.