Bontrager Bzzzkill Harmonic Balancers for your Handlebars?

GoldenMotor.com

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I think a pair of high end gel grips will work better. I tried a couple of bar end solutions on a 650cc thumper m/c and wasted my money.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
yeah, i dunno. but they're only 10 bucks, so i think i'll try 'em out. i agree with the physics involved, so, i'll let you know...

i'm also running an aluminum pit bike throttle tube, and i've got a good pair of MX grips (Moose stealth grips) and it's way better than those hard plastic, lawnmower grips.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
yeah, i dunno. but they're only 10 bucks, so i think i'll try 'em out. i agree with the physics involved, so, i'll let you know...

i'm also running an aluminum pit bike throttle tube, and i've got a good pair of MX grips (Moose stealth grips) and it's way better than those hard plastic, lawnmower grips.
Bairdco...just go to home depot and purchase clear silicone...and fill up your bars, put it in your frame and no more buzz...good luck...Dennis

scabz24

Oct 16, 2009
dunedin fl.
I have been working professionaly on very high end race bikes etc for almost 20 years,and I can assure you tie will be the worst 10 bucks you have ever spent trust me they do not work,the have been the but of many private jokes amongst the mechanics at the shop I run,bandito is right a nice paif of comfy grips will be $ better spent.

restapukin

Jul 22, 2009
australia
that's very good, bairdco

but

I was thinking that one man's elastomer & chromium is another man's chewing gum & something from the angling shop cheap...

lead weights with a light touch of silicone spring to mind

more use with resonant vibration than roadshock I guess.

yeah I'd pay three or five bucks just to try 'em out, too.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i forgot about this post.

i've got them in my bike right now. i can't say either way if they work or not, because i didn't do a before and after test with them.

my bike has no hand-numbing vibrations anyway, and i want to get new grips, so maybe i'll take them out for awhile, and see if there's a difference.

my first bike used to numb my hands, but this one's set up so much better, it could be a multitude of reasons why it doesn't vibrate.

and as a point of reference, or something, i've got a slight case of carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand from crashing on my skateboard a million times, and from breaking my thumb getting hit by a car 15 years ago.

broke my left radius at the wrist 4 years ago, also skateboarding, almost snapped the neck of the bone off, so that one acts up sometimes.

both of my wrists make this cool clicking noise, too.

but i can ride all day with no problems.