my first stab at a e-bike

GoldenMotor.com

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
Ive been laid up for a bit...and got ansy....so i decided to finally build an e bike.....but i didnt want a normal one...so i tore down an apc bike i got from a freind...dont knwo what the hub is rated..i only know its 24v and brushed lol....anyways...i went nuts in the garage and came up with this...

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
if anyone knows for sure what this hub is please speak up...ide like to see if i can get parts for it etc...im running on 2 12v 7ah sla's right now (lipo as soon as i can afford it).... anygood suggestions on a decent lipo's that dont completeley break the bank...im a ex rc nut so im used to working with them...but hesitant to build out my own pack since i cant find info on the wheel so i know the amp draw

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
Its not that long....but under 5'6" may have some issues riding it. I found out its a 400 watt hub....can be run on 36v with a diff controller.....may go out and get a bionx kit...I dunno

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Van,
I guess this means I won't hear you coming up my street the next time you come over.

Just curious, what's in that cool looking tank? :)

Tom

n3glv

Jun 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Its not that long....but under 5'6" may have some issues riding it. I found out its a 400 watt hub....can be run on 36v with a diff controller.....may go out and get a bionx kit...I dunno
That looked to me like an 8-fun
Good for about 18-19mph on 700c and 24v, yes fully 36v able and about 27mph
on 700c wheel.

My currie izip via rapido uses a 250w version of this.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Hey Steampunk,
Where you at on this build? It's a pretty cool build! You're gonna love sneaking up on other bikes or the reaction when people want you to stop to talk about the bike but by the time they see you its too late "LOOK"

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
I built a new lipo for it....but the controller couldn't take it...24v but some stupid amperage... so I'm looking for a Brushless wheel now lol...oops

n3glv

Jun 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Rather funny how many of those huggers are driving a Prius or other gas over electric.
Some with some sticker about carbon footprint.. To those I say "HA!"

n3glv

Jun 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
I been collecting data for a Mini Maker Faire display.
Even with the hills here, running on pure electric, I get around 1/4c to 1/3c per mile
on the recharge energy (based on 10c/Kwh)

n3glv

Jun 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
still addicted to my gasser...but this thing is pretty fun...i ride a collection of pedal bikes 90% of the time for my transpo
Gas here in PA is _AT LEAST_ a moped.
49cc and lower.. over that is motorcycle
either require plates, insurance etc.. and either class C or Motorcycle license.