I am new and need help

GoldenMotor.com

tascott

Jun 6, 2009
Virginia
Does anyone know what bike I could get for my 2 stroke kit that would require no modifications to the frame like bending the brake arm and things of that nature. I want to just slap the motor on and go not welding bending or grinding.

tascott

Jun 6, 2009
Virginia
any specific brand you know of that would require no modification like schwinn point beach cruiser or anything like that you find at walmart for cheap?

Pappy

Apr 19, 2009
Anderson, IN.
as far as I know most coaster brake bikes have some mods due to the brake arm and mounting the rear sprocket, unlike freestyle bikes.

tascott

Jun 6, 2009
Virginia
Thanks. I am thinking about picking up a new bike from target and slapping it on that. Problally the schwinn point beach cruiser. I really dont want to spend over a 100$ for a bike for the motor but the current ones I have wouldn't work so well with it, I would have to drill holes to mount the engine since the frame tube is so big.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
even my 5yr old roadmaster huffy mountian sport bike, fits good in it, just needed the large frame adaptor for the front tube.. not as good as the late 60's Grantsport it was in, which fit perfect, but it fits good..

Any V frame bike 24" or larger will be simple to install

Clotho

May 25, 2008
While it is possible to select a bike that will have the fewest modifications it is unlikely that you will be able to 'slap' one of the China kits together and have any great success. They are kind of like tailoring a suit. There are lots of adjustments and tuning to be done on every installation. If you have never done one of these before you will have to learn all the little things that make it work well before you end up with a decent reliable ride.

If you are looking for an installation that will go simply and provide you with few difficulties then you should be looking at the rack-mount kits. They don't require nearly as much adjustment and they have been proven to be easy to install and reliable to run.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i have a scwhinn delmar cruiser and you dont have to bend the brake arm or mod the sprocket,you just remove the dust cover,it comes right off easy.the tensioner will keep the chain away from the tire.you do have to cut the rear fender for chain clearance or remove rear fender.i reccomend you reinforce the front fender bracket it will break do to vibrations but it wont fall off because it has other side supports.you do have to use wide frame front adapter,clamped or drilled,i went with clamped.i have plenty of clearance for intake+aircleaner and peddals with this bike.the muffler clears the peddals but comes close. this is the best bike ive seen and road.

48cc dual start starfire gt-2 grubee 44T sprocket 30-35mph @ 180-200mpg
with forced cold air intake silencer

Last edited:

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Like Pappy said check craigslist. There are always lots of very good bikes for inframe mounting. You'll get a way better quality bike for alot less money. Look thru all the listings that just say "old bike' too. Some are being sold by landlords from ppl that left them behind. The easiest bikes to build are hardtail Mt Bikes with steel frames.

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
My magna glacier point frame was easy. The only thing I needed to to buy extra was the SBP front mount Sick Bike Parts. i did sand a very little of the rear spacer. I should have gotten this Sick Bike Parts just for the good rear mounting studs alone. I was unable to find all thread or suitable bolts to cut down.

Last edited:

tascott

Jun 6, 2009
Virginia
I bought a huffy broadmoor. I think I am going to use it. The motor wont fit but I am going to file it down, I hope the sprocket and everyting else has clearance. What would anyone recommend for a first timer? any tricks or hints