GoldenMotor.com
Jun 25, 2008
Tah - There you have it folks,

Buy a TigerTooth Jet Engine Kit

from TigerToothBikes.com - 'Engines ignited by the finest cigar..'

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
the $200- includes the actual engines or will i have to buy them from a R/C supply house?
this would be wicked to build a wing system/ quasy rocket belt/ejection seat for the bike!

Jun 25, 2008
Will definitely include the engine/s. Still trying to devise the most simple, safe, inexpensive yet effective throttling system.....ideas?

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
Will definitely include the engine/s. Still trying to devise the most simple, safe, inexpensive yet effective throttling system.....ideas?
now couldnt you use the standard twist throttle for mechanical controll or is their a degree of electrical contoll as in fly by wire?

If its a electrical fly by wire setup then why not just go with the line of Texas instruments MSP430 micro controllers for the whole setup. I know a very reputable electronics company i used to work for that would be more then happy to provide afordable R&D and fabrication of the controllers. just feel free to give me a ping at mdklegin at yahoo dot com.

Jun 25, 2008
Behold, The CAD drawings are done!

(obviously the end product will probably differ somewhat but this is the aim)

RESERVE YOURS NOW!!

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Well obviously it seems that you have gotten something other than the glass jar to work...let's see it! :) Have you tested to see how much push force you can get from it?

Jun 25, 2008
Thrust is something that we need to get right. This size of engine isn't gunna take you to the moon, but at the same time we don't want an engine that'll catapult people to literally break neck speed. We guesstimate 8lbs - 10lbs to be sufficient but this will only become apparent when the prototype is tested. Patience my friend, you'll be punching sound waves soon enough!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
My favorite lines from this vid include;

"..got me safety gear on" *tap-tap*

"strawbery researve. lets see what this 'plucker does, excuse my language" (not a typo)

"....the smell of burning hair is in the air, success!"

The evil laugh and helmet lend them selves to cinematic excellence!

YouTube - Preliminary Pulse Jet Findings

Speedy Wilson

Mar 10, 2009
Ringgold,GA
We really need to get something going on these kits in the states...I would try 2 on a bike if I was really liquored up....sober,maybe one...lol..