Your shop- Post a photo or three here!

GoldenMotor.com

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
John-Looks like you are well set up. I notice the Clausing. I had a 12" where I used to work and developed a ram tailstock that takes abot 30 sec. to mount and is more versatile than the usual ones. With a bed stop turret and tailstock turret I could set up for drilling,tapping,spotfacing,countersinking, or whatever. Also since the screw is still functional, could make minor corrections and lock them in. If you are interested in building one send me your email address and I will send a pix offline with a description. Keith Williams
([email protected])

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
Since I am too dumb to master the art of sticking pix in here, I will describe the workshop. It is a U.S. Buildings type A metal one 24 deep X 25 wide with a 12"10-3/4" crown. The sides and roof are straight with a rounded crown and edges. It is from (7) 2 ft wide sections bolted together with a bolt every 6". 12 of these total. The end walls are wood. It has 2 windows in the rear and a walk door,7' garage door, and a window in front. The metal of construction is called "Alumasteel," and is some kind of alloy throughout that won't rust. I buried a magnesium anode wired to it to keep the anchor "J" bolts from rusting. The floor is a mix that keeps water from coming up, eliminating need of a vapor barrier. I buried (2) 10 ft X1-1/4" pvc pipes with slow ells each end in the floor so I can run extension cords or air hoses to near the center without tripping on them. I wish I had been there to watch the mud truck squirt concrete through a tube from the front yard over the house. Paid $500 extra for it and missed the show. My concrete foreman turned the Mexican guy loose on it and it got positioned 8 ft further North over my SEWER LINE ! And for an encore he positioned my 8" channel bolts out of stagger order so I had to redrill 3 of the 4 12-1/2" pieces. I also had to beg them to take the darn chat pile off my drive. I found a guy that sold me (6) 8ft duel fluorescent units he got from a wrecking Co. for $100 and he gave me a 7th in case I had a bad ballast. I only used 4 but plan on hanging a couple over the lathe and a workbench. I have a Modine space heater but it will take $150 to run gas to it. I came up with methods to assemble the building by myself, which was satisfying, as was picking the heavy heater up into the top and bolting in and putting the 750 lb. mill/drill on it's stand. Part of being raised an only child is if you need a helping hand it's hanging at the end of your arm. Of course I have no supervisory skills, but have made 73 years anyhow. Unmfortunately the shop isn't ever big enough. I have the Lotus 7 build spread all over as well as a couple motorcycles, 2 motorbikes, chopsaw stand, mill,lathe,drillpress, belt sander, welding stuff, work table, desk, etc,etc
The back yard has 7 boats, a project car, and 6 or so motorcycles under covers. My wife is not a happy camper. Maybe some day I can post a picture. The only ones I have are of it when we had about a 9" snow. Not one of my favorite subjects. Keith (come on global warming) Williams.bld.

Last edited:

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
Man Cave

I have half of a two car garage. 1/3 of which is a walled in office and the other 2/3rd's is bike storage and work area. I have a Billy Bass on the wall.
DSC00493.JPG

I can't get the Bumvee on my regular bike stand so I resurrected my old tandem storage device from my CO cave and use it to get it where I can get at it without having to crawl around on my belly like a reptile.
DSC00972.JPG

But like all men I dream of the 2500 sq. ft. of insulated, heated, plumbed and wired space to stretch out in and get on with collecting some serious junk. Maybe someday?

sharkcruiser

Jul 14, 2008
charleston sc
This is my shop. It's right outside of my front door on the third floor of an apartment building. It consists of a Park Tool stand, a gas can, a few hand tools, and tons of motivation.

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

jjstanza

Apr 20, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Here is my (read lowering the bar) workshop. It is a 8'x8' shed with way too much crap in it. The second picture is the bike supply area. Currently I have about 30 bikes to choose parts from and a very understanding wife. Although I may be reaching her breaking point with all of the stuff. If I'm not in the house she knows to find me out back puttering and tinkering.

Attachments

Last edited:

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
You live in your shop? How big is it? Do you have a bathroom and all? Nice shop though, you have a lot of tools/equipment. My shop is 12X14 shed with electric, sink, heat, AC, insulated, cable tv, radio, fridge, tools, bikes, lawn mowing stuff, etc.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
update, would live in mine in NY minute! snork. This works out great and is mobile. I had asked a guy if he was willing to sell it to me. He replayed; "if you can get it out of here, you can have it" YeHaa! one pic is of a freezer I found on the st w/ a sign saying "works good" and "Free" The Mrs turned it in to shelving.

Attachments

Last edited:

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Still in progress...

I need to skin the drawers and cabinets on the steel workbench I fabbed. Then everything needs a coat of gray paint. I need to finish the walls, put in the door, and add more lighting.
Then I can finally be organized.

'BrettMavriK

Attachments

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
For me I feel fortunate. I get to use Pipelyne as my shop. 2 tube benders, bandsaw, 2 tig welders, 5 manual mills, 2 lathes, plasma cutter, cnc press, grinders and 80 ton press, numerous shapes of expansion chambers and the knowledge of Lean Dean. LOL

But in my garage, I only have a gas mig welder, drill press, grinder, porting tools, 30 gallon air compressor and a roll away of tools.

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
easy sounds to me you have a pretty complete shop at home too Congrats.

little by little ill have a shop...