BGF VooDoo Pipe

GoldenMotor.com

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
They listed that one a while back and I sent over a note to see if they had good experience with it and they said yes and sent me a photo of one installed on a bike as I wanted to know what it looked like installed. I didn't purchase one as they were having issues getting stock. Now that they are back I'm wondering how they perform. I have the banana pipe on and so far I haven't found anything better.

Johnc123

Jun 21, 2012
Ohio
I'm really wondering how it goes on the bike does the expansion chamber part go over the top of the Moyer or under it?

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Nice, thanks! That actually looks surprisingly not horrible as far as mounting goes. If it makes decent power, it might be worth a shot. I would just hate to end up with another situation like my Speed Demon pipe, where it makes such a small increase over stock that is just seems a waste.

I am going to save my pennies for an SBP or Arrow Cycles pipe, myself. Unless something else flashy catches my eye, lol.

Johnc123

Jun 21, 2012
Ohio
Got the pipe on tuesday! Performance is completely different! Before I Would go about 20 now I go almost 26 and everything else is stock! I think Im gonna buy the Dax rt carb and see how that works with it I definitly recommend this pipe it went on super easy and sound like a dirt bike instead of a weed eater it not very loud I love it

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Awesome, glad it worked out for you. Pictures!!!

If you were only getting 20 MPH before the pipe, either you are running a 52 tooth sprocket, or sounds like something was wrong... Most of the time, it seems like these motors come set up rich from the factory. I would expect you to hit 26-30 MPH stock, after break-in, of course.

Johnc123

Jun 21, 2012
Ohio
I've only had my motor for like a month and I measured it at 20 mph the 2nd day I got it now a month later with the new pipe I'm going 25-almost 30 my plug is a nice chocolate color and engine is strong I just weigh a lot (280)

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
you have a pic after the install? Also, how close does your leg get from touching the expansion chamber portion of the pipe? That was my concern.

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
Hey, I've been creeping on this thread for a bit, any more updates on the exhaust? I don't think I'm going to buy it (going for a quieter build), just curious... to me it looks beautiful :oops:

How is the noise with it?
Also.. pics? :p

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I been creeping this thread for awhile too. im on the fence between this pipe and the torquer 2 pipe from arrow. both cost almost the same, but i think the torquer pipe from arrow has a cleaner look, plus its black, so it would go great on my black bike. still not sure though.

onedroppr

Jan 10, 2013
PR USA
This picture is without the down pipe insulation. That part is the only one close to come in contact with my leg. Anyhow at running speeds air will cool down the pipe and it won't burn your leg easily unless you stick it there for a few seconds.

This another picture is with the header insulation at the down pipe coming from the engine.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i have noticed on this pipe that it becomes very restricted were it bolts together! has any one cut that section out and made the pipe one piece? im thinkin it would be a better pipe, i might do this to mine. or at least ream out the inside.

glenn

Attachments

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
Mississauga Ontario Canada
How about the SBP expansion chamber? I was under the impression it was superior to the regular banana pipe because it comes with a header that can be adjusted in length to suit the rpm range where you want it to work optimaly. I was told that if you get the exhaust header length at 13 inches, you would get the best all around power increase thruout the rpm range. Could be wrong tho, peoples thoughts on the SBP?

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
the voodoo pipe has a long header on it with room to modify if you own a torch! i dont want a exhaust that is held together by a piece of silicon rubber..i checked out the stinger on the voo-doo because there is a screw on it i thought there might be a baffle inside turns out not to be the case its empty thank god my next step will be th shorten the pipe an inch and remove the nut that screws both pieces together making it a one piece pipe should also run a little stronger as at that point the pipe becomes restricted.

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
onedrop...one of your spokes is bent on your front wheel. in the second picture, its at the 7 o clock position in the first picture its at the 9 o clock position.