99cc Predator Engine Advice

GoldenMotor.com

Big Bill

Jun 3, 2011
arizona
I bought mine a mounth ago and the shaft was to big so
45 minutes with sand paper and the clutch slides right on.
Fast and easy.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
What's that old sayin'?" More'n one way to skin a cat." Glad that you "got 'er dunn" LOL
Prolly a good idea to work the shaft down. Won't have trouble in the future when replacing worn drivetrain stuff.

Last edited:

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Yeah I think they got enough complaints and returns to make them realize that there was a problem. Now the new batch of engines are exactly 5/8"

Dwight Pierce

Apr 11, 2012
Warrior, AL
I'm trying to find a bike for the 99cc pred engine. Preferably a beach cruiser style. Any good suggestions. I am going to use a torque converter also.

BeaverRat

Jun 27, 2011
WA
I'm trying to find a bike for the 99cc pred engine. Preferably a beach cruiser style. Any good suggestions. I am going to use a torque converter also.
If you use a TC with the predator, be prepared for lots of work. You will have to find some way of adapting the 3/4" CVT to fit on the 5/8" shaft, and you will have to design and build a jackshaft to align the drivetrain, and gear it down.

Dwight Pierce

Apr 11, 2012
Warrior, AL
I am prepared. The torque converter I am using is combined with the jack shaft. Right now I'm just having a little trouble finding the right bike. I like the beach cruiser look with fat tires. Any suggestions on a bike?

Thanks,
Dwight

BeaverRat

Jun 27, 2011
WA
I am prepared. The torque converter I am using is combined with the jack shaft. Right now I'm just having a little trouble finding the right bike. I like the beach cruiser look with fat tires. Any suggestions on a bike?

Thanks,
Dwight
What is the CVT you are using?