clutch

GoldenMotor.com

stuch

Oct 27, 2011
australia
hi i just brought a hausheng 142f it has a 15mm straight shaft it did not come with a clutch. i have a new grubee stage 111 gear box from a honda gxh50 "from another project" the clutch and bushing is to big for the shaft is there another clutch and bell to suit the hausheng that will fit the stage 111

Last edited:

hmiwb

Oct 6, 2009
Missouri
For what it's worth: It seems that some engines had 5/8 shaft and some had a 15mm shaft diameter. Mine had the smaller 15mm shaft and I had to use a couple of shims cut from a tin can and run from the key way back around to the key way again. All very imprecise and "shade tree" but it works and my clutch is now centered on the shaft.

stuch

Oct 27, 2011
australia
thanks for the replys i did shim the clutch i'm going to use a bearing instead of the bushing on the clutch bell

hmiwb

Oct 6, 2009
Missouri
Sounds like a plan. Hope it works out for you. The HS engine is a great little work horse in my opinion. I haven't got a lot of miles on mine yet but it has proven to be more powerful than I expected.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
For what it's worth: It seems that some engines had 5/8 shaft and some had a 15mm shaft diameter. Mine had the smaller 15mm shaft and I had to use a couple of shims cut from a tin can and run from the key way back around to the key way again. All very imprecise and "shade tree" but it works and my clutch is now centered on the shaft.
I did the same thing a few years ago & it lasted a long time. Mine was from can of Spam.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
IMO, Spam might be superior to using a bud can, because the al shim stock seems to get beat up real ez.

I used it on a seatpost, and it has just abt disintegrated.

Only prob is I got more mt buds than mt Spam cans! lol

Best
rc

hmiwb

Oct 6, 2009
Missouri
Campbell soup can here, chicken noodle. Good for what ailed me and good for my clutch too it turns out. Holding up well so far. Ride safe!

HotrodPez

May 23, 2012
Southern California
:-||

So it turns out I ran into the same problem as many. My Huasheng engine has a 15mm keyed shaft, and my 4G drive has a 15.8mm hole.

I hear I can use shims in the clutch, but how about the bell end, what supports the bronze bushing?