Tortuga Red & Black Southside Bros.

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
You, sir, have a SWEET ride. I remember seeing a picture of an old Evans Powercycle; it had black frame, red tank, and white tires. And I remember thinking it looked very cool for an antique. You have captured the look. I like.

suvete

Aug 10, 2009
Tucson AZ
Re: Tortuga Bikes Red & Black Project

Thanks Mad Scientist. I was not sure if should have gone with a red or black or blue tank. I do know I needed a break from the old insta rust color. For now the tank will be red. It took some time to mask off each spoke but not to bad.

suvete

Aug 10, 2009
Tucson AZ
The bars fell great compared to when I had board track racer style bars. I can relaxe on the longer rides. Those bars are regular beach bars that I added on about 7 inches on each side. Got about 6 of them free from Roland at Spookey Tooth when he would go to the 4th ave bike swap here in tucson. GOOD TIMES!

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Nice work! Nice clean build. I know what you mean about the bars. The board track bars are great for speed and cornering but I like the classic bars for just cruisin around.

suvete

Aug 10, 2009
Tucson AZ
Re: Tortuga Bikes Red & Black Southside Bros.

That Evans is cool. I really like the motor and the colors. I would like to build another one with this color combo. Does anyone know about this bike?

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Re: Tortuga Bikes Red & Black Southside Bros.

That my friend is a Dan Taylar BTR, you can click onto "Another taylar BTR" thread and check out his bikes, One of the very best in this vintage quest for period correct BTR's
Dan can build you anything you'd like,among others that I have is one of Dans bikes(1911 Indian) quality! quality! quality! and not at the price of a foot or any other body part,
Check him out you won't be sorry!