Another Ebay score! Another build!

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
2 clown bikes???? Now you can race a mate, thatd be pretty cool....... an empty parking lot, a few witches hats (and of course you will have beer lol) and you have a readymade racetrack. SWEET!!!!

bbqb4racin

Jan 25, 2012
Sarasota, FL
WOW! JUST WOW! Check this message I just got from the Ebay seller:

Dear bbqb4racin,

We are terribly sorry to inform you - but during the Dis-assembling of the bike, a major component (part) of the bike broke. The packager was using too much force and the welding broke. We are deeply sorry for this, as we were trying to disassemble the bike to a small size for a safe delivery, but had this end result on the final part.

We have already promptly refunded your payment to us, Please check your Paypal Account to verify that the Refund is correctly reflected.

If there are any future purchases that you make through us, We'd like to give you a seller discount on that future purchase to fully resolve this horrible situation. We hate knowing that this transaction didn't complete successfully, and would like to make sure your next experience is a more positive one.

This sounds like total BS to me! The real problem here is I won the auction for $8.50! Shipping was $30 so I guess they didn't want to give it away. Well waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Anyway, I responded:

Please forward me some pics of the damage. I may still be interested because I rebuild these bikes. It may not concern me. Thanks. Rick

We'll see what happens. WTF?????

bbqb4racin

Jan 25, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Got a long winded response today from this seller but NO PICS! Scammer! No sense in beating this dead horse any longer. It's just not gonna happen! Hope they enjoy their feedback!

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I feel for you...

I had this done to me actually 4 or 5 times so far on Ebay in the past 8 years or so with winning auctions I know were too good to be true

I disagree with the fact that a seller can just walk away like this... when the auction ends, if this "accident occurs", they should be made to substitute something else or give you back more then your money!

Trying to remember the excuses I've been told.....

" The UPS store lost the box before it was sent out "

" I sent it to the wrong address and they won't give it back "

" I once got shipped any empty box the item should of been in, the guy said he never opened it to check it so it's my loss !

Luckily Paypal refunded all these incidents

user54086

Jun 20, 2020
I won eBay bidding on a Go-Ped and the seller that he took the Go-Ped to a UPS store to be boxed and shipped and a employee at the UPS store stole the Go-Ped and crashed it.
The Go-Ped was damaged and seller refunded my money. I built a few of the clown bicycles using Go-Ped parts. You have to be careful buying used Go-Ped they can be wore out.