My generator kicked my butt!

GoldenMotor.com

asianflava

May 13, 2010
Colorado
Worked on my generator today because I wanted to take it camping. When we moved to Colorado, the movers took it out of the truck and it was covered in oil. I dunno if they cracked it or just put it on it's side.

Took it apart to inspect it and cleaned it up, it's a suitcase type generator so I had to take it all apart. Did an oil change, cleaned and gapped the plug and gave it a try. I got it running on the 4th pull, but it only ran for about a minute then quit. I could only get it running for 20 or 30 seconds at a time. It feels like I did 200 reps of the bent row, my arms are killing me. I guess I'm not going to take it with me.

The choke lever was broken on mine when I got it 6 years ago and you can't just get the lever you have to get another carb. This will give me another excuse to get a new carb. I'll also get the high altitude jet for it while I'm putting in the order. Don't really want to re-jet it because even though I live at 5000ft, I don't usually use it at elevation.

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
If you make it to Indiana , stop in . I have a lawnmower that kicked my butt until I cleaned the carb . Now it just slaps me around . I gave this mower a name , Hellboy .

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Power goes out quite often up here, I used to start my gen's 1x a month, forgot to do it for a while, fortunately, there is a fuel petcock and it was closed, i also use stabil, since it sits around for a while, still a ***** to start. I'm back to starting it once a month, saves me the trouble.