Bike Wont Start, HELP!! PLEASE

GoldenMotor.com

TeRRoRisT ThReaTs

Apr 27, 2010
Anaheim
I Have A Major Problem, i Just Rebuilt My Bike From Bare Frame, New Paint Job Powder Coated, Sick Bike Parts HD Shifter Kit Etc. My Problem Is Since I Just Rebuilt It and Its Been 4 Days Now and The Motor Wont Start on My 66cc, I Checked The Spark Plugs, Changed The Coil, I Have An NGK Spark Plug. Im Not Sure If Its The Magneto or The CDI. Im Pissed and Aggrivated Because i Cant Even ride My New Bike!! There Is No Spark I Checked The Wires and Everything Please HELP!! Thanks Cameron

TeRRoRisT ThReaTs

Apr 27, 2010
Anaheim
Chinese 66cc engine I'm so frustrated it sucks there's always something wrong with these things I bought the motor and everything in January 2010

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Have you tried pulling off the magneto case and checking for any loose wires? That is where I would start, um if you can try another CDI that might help but other than that thats all I got.

BillyB

Jul 21, 2008
Los Angeles
When you say you rebuilt the bike, do you mean that your rebuilt the bike, and then put a new engine kit on it?

I just got my first engine kit running last night after having multiple problems. Yes, they are very frustrating. But I figure you buy one of these cheap kits, so that you know what you want when you plop down some serious cash to do a really nice build.

Check that you have good connections on your wires. Don't use the cheap wire connectors that came with it. Make sure the blue wire goes to the blue wire, the black wire to black wire, and undo the kill switch until you get it running.

When you go to start it, make sure you're going down a hill.

Pedalling that thing back up the hill repeatedly the past two evenings has been a serious work out for my thighs!

TeRRoRisT ThReaTs

Apr 27, 2010
Anaheim
Yea well I took a schwinn moutain bike and powder coated the frame brackets etc. I didn't buy a new motor kit I actually bought it this year in January and I bought the shifter kit last month so yea I'll post pictures if u guys like. In the mean time my bike still won't start and I'm getting a new cdi tomorrow and then will see. Since I have a shifter kit I can't push start the bike, so I put a pull starter on it ugh let's see how long it lasts before it snaps off. Please Let Me know If anyone has anymore suggestions thanks Cameron.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I used to mow lawns for a living. A tip for making the pull starts last longer: Use Silicone spray to lubricate the wrap spring and cord. If you know how to replace the pull cord, it is best to source some better quality pull cord right away and change it before it breaks.
If you don't have silicone spray or expect lots of dust/sand, use wax on the rope. Polishing the hole where the rope goes in while the rope is off, helps to prevent fraying.

If it breaks you can fall, hit your hand on something, drop the bike, or the wrap spring can unwind inside the cover on some types. (awful)