Problems with motorbike : idling, muffler

GoldenMotor.com

Chrismbello

Nov 8, 2009
Gainesville
Hi,
I put a zoombicyles 2 stroke kit on an old bike awhile ago and have been working on the bike for a while, trying to get everything working. It seems to run and start perfectly, but first of all when I come to a stop, the engine always shuts off; I read around and read something about using the clutch and adjusting a screw, but I am not exactly sure.
Next, it seems that the piece at the end of the muffler, that muffles sound actually fell off when I was testing it, and I can't find it. Do I need to replace the muffler? If so where is the cheapest place to get one, as right now the engine is EXTREMELY loud.
Lastly I was wondering if anyone knew the screw sizes for attaching the gear to the tire, as some of them fell out so I plan on replacing them with new screws and locknuts, so they won't vibrate out.

Thank you guys so much in advance for any help

Chris

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
hi chirs your baffel fell out lol that happened to me with my first kit i got a new one from zoom but you can get them anywhere on this web site i went with zoom cycles i got the new hiflow hush muffeler and it works good but it was only hushed for the first few hours..lol

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The muffler you can get anywhere.
Pull the clutch in when you come to a stop.
The idle speed screw is the one on the left side of the carb, just turn it in a little at a time until you get a good idle.
The rear sprocket bolts? I have seen a couple of sizes, take one out and go to the hardware store and get your replacements, it doesn't have to be metric, just close in size.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Also, you can try making an end cap for your muffler with a cut down can of the right size and a couple of sheet metal screws.

Chrismbello

Nov 8, 2009
Gainesville
Thank you andrew and joe! I was using the clutch to turn off the engine before, so I guess I'll just have to set up the killswitch. Do you guys know how to "ground" the wire or whatever, the instructions are quite confusing. I will try using a can for the baffle to save some $$.
Thank you,
Chris

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
For the kill button... connect one of the kill wires to the blue wires & the other kill wire to the black wires. (it doesn't matter which goes to which)