Funny where people build there bikes!

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Me and John (retmachinist) get A kick out of pictures people post of there bikes.Some people build there bikes at the kitchen table! LOL! Some will be in the living room,computer room,dining room.Post some pictures of some funny places people build there bikes. My wife would kill me if I decided to built one of these stinking 2 strokes in the house.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Me too - if I built a bike in the house - it would be the LAST bike I ever built. Bad enough when she gripes about fuel smell in the garage......

OTOH please keep the kitchen bike photos coming. One guy had quite the long chopper going. I love it!!

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
My wife loves the bikes, she also loves riding hers. But, as far as ever bringing one in the house, that isn't ever going to happen!
I have a 40 year old Montgomery Wards Mini Bike that I restored to new condition for the Grand kids to ride someday. When I took it to the basement to store away, you should have seen "The Look"
I got.

John

Attachments

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Now I wish I had pictures of my first build. I built it in my wife's living room last winter and although she didn't mind, I bet I'd be hard pressed to do it again. She likes to have her house filled with a lot of clutter so I had to clean out a small section of that room just so I could build it. It was interesting alright, but I'm not sure I'd want to do it again though!

I built my second one at my own house and that is where I will build all the rest.................plenty of space with plenty of tools!

.wee.

MN-occd

Feb 13, 2010
MN USA
MaxPower-luckly i'm single so I can do what I want. since I live in a one bedroom apartment, I literally live next to my bikes. needless to say It can get messy
amen brother!
"Max Power is a great name!"
Homers reply"thanks, i got it off a hair dryer"

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Me and John (retmachinist) get A kick out of pictures people post of there bikes.Some people build there bikes at the kitchen table! LOL! Some will be in the living room,computer room,dining room.Post some pictures of some funny places people build there bikes. My wife would kill me if I decided to built one of these stinking 2 strokes in the house.
I build my bikes ( and work on them too ) in my bedroom....I use a footstool for my tool bench ( it's a good sized one ).....if needed I prop the bike against my bed....this way I've easy access to my computer so I can get onsite ( here ) for threads pertaining to any issues....I've only built three bikes so far.....but everything is consolidated here in my room so building is actually pretty smooth...I don't have access ( nor means ) for all that high tech building stuff...but hey!....it works for me ....I NEVER add gas to any bike inside.....uhmmm...NO !....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Ha ha ha...that is too cool. Only a bachelor would think of that. I love it...:)
Tom
I use old Winn-Dixie potato salad containers for my nuts and bolts and the remains of an old microwave oven to hold the larger parts..( like intake pipes...sprockets...blah,blah )..I even labeled the said containers for U.S. and Metric sizes...I have an old bookcase where I store my power tools..( along with all my Gator hats ).....

Laughs,
Salty.shft.

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
I began my first motor bike by picking just a frame and adding everything else that was required by my expert Hustle as it evolved to a super duper Arm Chair Adventure time spent One month

Last edited:

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
VB, You mean you actually took that in the house with Gas in it. Wow, obviously you arn't married. I wouldn't be if I brought one in the house with gas in it. I don't even take them in my shop until I drain the gas. My shop is small and I can't stand the smell of gas in there!

John

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
i cant smell 2 strokes when we go away my (2 stroke) dirtbike gets kept in the lounge room my goped and my motorised bike live in my bedroom i cant smell anything tho maybee its the heat.. i got 2 stroke feul in my eye today and it made my eye burn.
NOTE: 2 sroke fuel in ur eye is worse tan 4 stroke.diesel is as yet untested...

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I sold one to my banker a while back.He said it wasn't running right (ended up being the plug) so, I told him to bring it to work and I would look at it.When I walked into the bank all I could smell was 2stroke gas! He had a small gas leak where the gas line connects to the carb.He had brought it into the bank and leaned it against the wall on tile floor and had a tissue catching the gas on the floor.LOL!!! BANKERS..........GO FIGURE!