electric

GoldenMotor.com

kr632

Apr 13, 2009
buffalo
is there any way that u can use the engine to run electric, i was thinking about putting speakers on the back of my bike but i need power for the radio and speakers.

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Hi Kr, a lot of guys want elect. for light power.
Very difficult to do on the china 2 stroke kit.
You probably would not hear it much anyway, between the wind and the engine.

I am in W.Seneca. Waiting out the winter. 2 months to go.

kr632

Apr 13, 2009
buffalo
i dont really care about hearing it i was going for a look or just to be stupid. u live in w. seneca??? im waiting for my kit to come and im going right out in to the snow. have you had problems with police cuz around buffalo there pretty bad

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Here is my deal- my son had a china kit on a bike when I was over there last spring. I thought it was fantastic. His neighbor bought it from him- rides it around North Tonawanda. I told Matt it wasn't legal and he said, the mayor hasn't been bothered. Of course, I said- he's the mayor. Matt said, Dad, he is the mayor of the street - we call him the mayor- Not the mayor of the town.....
Anyway, I joined this site last fall after doing a search.
I made an e-bike out of scooter parts. and experimented with a gas/electric drive on it. I understand electric is now legal in NY. I am finishing up another bike with gas/electric drive (hybred). This will be legal but toally covert!
So if it were me, and I wanted a gas bike and no hassle, I would buy a defunct moped and take the tags off it and my bike would become a moped with those tags and I would register it. Otherwise, you need to be real undercover.- no exposed gas parts- my opinion. There are a couple of guys on these forums in NY who ride gas bikes.

kr632

Apr 13, 2009
buffalo
Here is my deal- my son had a china kit on a bike when I was over there last spring. I thought it was fantastic. His neighbor bought it from him- rides it around North Tonawanda. I told Matt it wasn't legal and he said, the mayor hasn't been bothered. Of course, I said- he's the mayor. Matt said, Dad, he is the mayor of the street - we call him the mayor- Not the mayor of the town.....
Anyway, I joined this site last fall after doing a search.
I made an e-bike out of scooter parts. and experimented with a gas/electric drive on it. I understand electric is now legal in NY. I am finishing up another bike with gas/electric drive (hybred). This will be legal but toally covert!
So if it were me, and I wanted a gas bike and no hassle, I would buy a defunct moped and take the tags off it and my bike would become a moped with those tags and I would register it. Otherwise, you need to be real undercover.- no exposed gas parts- my opinion. There are a couple of guys on these forums in NY who ride gas bikes.
I had a gas bike for a week and when I had it I never had a problem because I was extra careful.I was stopped once by a buffalo cop and that was while peddaling because he wanted to know how I did it and if he could get one. Now after I sold it they had it for 2 days and blew by police with it and then ran.idiots... my only concern is noise because if it were quiet I wouldn't have a problem(kind of defeats the purpose of having speakers).

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Yep, stunts like you describe wreck it for everyone.
How was the noise level on the one you had?
I have no experience with the kits at all. They can be made quieter- there are posts here on silencing the intake and gear noise.
I want to look like just another bicyclist - helmet- safety vest, moving feet and NOT fast. And quiet. Did I mention quiet?