Finished the Murray

GoldenMotor.com

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Just finished building the Murray. The engine fit like a glove, no need to modify motor mounts or use adapters. This is my first coaster bike build and I had a few problems with the coaster brake arm. Had to bend the heck out of it to clear the bolt heads on the sprocket. There has to be a better way to mount this sprocket with a coaster brake without having to bend that arm so much, besides buying the sprocket adapter as well.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Very nice hambro (^)

I have used flat head bolts and on one I counter sunk the bolts into the sprocket.I had pics of them but I have no ideal what happened to them.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Thanks guys, thinking about going ahead and countersinking the bolt heads on the sprocket, sounds like the best fix for the brake arm problem. Also if you look closely at the picture I didn't have room to mount the chain tensioner either so I had to cut the chain short enough to keep it as tight as I could. Overall I'm very pleased with the build, bike is very old but in pretty good shape and it rides pretty smooth. I also ported the muffler some cause I just love the sound it makes :)