rocketrodney

GoldenMotor.com

rocketrodney

Dec 23, 2009
Tas
My new 2 stroke motor runs excellent now.
The porb was bad fuel.
The fuel was from a shed I had for some time.
It was yellowish in colour?!
I dumped the fuel out of the bike and put new fuel in and hey presto. Started first pop!
cheers
Rod.

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
to be more specific, pull the float bowl off your carb (2 screws) and take out your little plastic float. it should be a hollow plastic donut. if it's full of gas, then it's got a crack in it somewhere, is filling up with fuel, and not "floating" up to shut off the needle valve in your carb, which causes it to flood.

the only real fix for that is a replacement. if it's a new motor, contact your seller and try to get a free float under warranty.

if that's not it, make sure the float tabs aren't bent too far and holding it down, and that they move freely.

also, make sure you turn your fuel petcock off when you're done riding.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
to be more specific, pull the float bowl off your carb (2 screws) and take out your little plastic float. it should be a hollow plastic donut. if it's full of gas, then it's got a crack in it somewhere, is filling up with fuel, and not "floating" up to shut off the needle valve in your carb, which causes it to flood.

the only real fix for that is a replacement. if it's a new motor, contact your seller and try to get a free float under warranty.

if that's not it, make sure the float tabs aren't bent too far and holding it down, and that they move freely.

also, make sure you turn your fuel petcock off when you're done riding.
thank you baird for explainin for me

rocketrodney

Dec 23, 2009
Tas
My new 2 stroke motor runs excellent now.
The prob was bad fuel.
The fuel was from a shed I had for some time.
It was yellowish in colour?! Also the 2 stroke oil I was using was only for stationary machinery only. (technical I know but may also had been the prob) I got motorbike 2stroke oil and new fuel and I dumped the old fuel out of the bike and put new fuel in and hey presto. Started first pop! :)
Thanks to the help everyone.
Rocketrodney

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Glad you got your bike running right Rocket.

I have used gas thats months old (4+) and one bike the Cranbrook which I am co-owner of, runs fine with it. But my Della Cruz bike (motor now on Rockhopper now) will vibrate like crazy and make funny sounds that I have yet to determine what that sound is. I thought it was blowing up and when I finally ran the old fuel out and filled it with fresh fuel it ran great.

Now when I have old fuel I dump it in my truck lol