Bike wont give speed!?

GoldenMotor.com

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
Hello!

i`ve had some issues with my bike lately, but a week ago i thought i had fixed it all. but apparantly i didnt. when i was going for a ride today to try it out it simply wont "give speed". i start peddeling. release clutch and the bike start just fine, i twist the throttle to get some speed, but it wont take me forward. the motor gets more rpm, but it wont take me forward. and if i lose the speed of the bike the motor just dies. so i pedal up and start it again and same problem. and if i press the clutch to make the engine not stop when i lose speed. it just dies when i pull the clutch. The engine have been like this since the first time i tried it out, but then the problem stopped after a few seconds. but after i have used it more, the problem have become bigger, and now i cant even get it drivin.

So if anyone have/had this problem and know why and what is the problem. then i would appreciate if you would answer me
.bld.

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
ok, i am not so good with english names on the bike parts. the intake is the place where the gasoline comes in and the air filter is.? and the manifold bolts is and are placed where?

Thx

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you may not understand all of this but it shows how to make a leak free intake along with other stuff you can go to my 2-stroke repair center and read and look at all of the pictures to get an idea of how
I'll post a link to one of the posts here.
http://motorbicycling.com/f39/motorized-bicycle-carburetor-install-rebuild-302.html
permalink #12 second photo(#2) shows a little bit on how to seal the cab to intake manifold
I'm not sure if you are having an intake leak or a slipping clutch but it does sound like your engine won't idle. There is an idle speed screw on the carbs side you can turn the screw in to increase the idle speed. Also what fuel mix ratio you using? don't use the 16 to 1 or 20 to 1 try at least 24 to 1 after its broke in go to 32 to 1 mix. If you can find it Poulan makes a syn. oil for 2 strokes mix it 40 to 1 it will burn cleaner very little to no smoke and you feel a slight increase in power or any good syn 2 stroke oil will do the same for cleaner running etc.
spark plug gap is important run a gap of around 0.025 thousands of an inch.
good luck and keep in touch with us
norman

Last edited:

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
i am running with the oil mix that was said in the website i bought it from, and the mixture is 70 milliliter oil per liter of gasoline. i just putted silicone in it, and will try it out soon. just let the silicone stay there and dry for an hour i think. but if it is the clutch slipping. what can i do to fix it?

go to my 2-stroke repair look here for the clutch http://motorbicycling.com/f39/motor-bicycle-clutch-301.html
you can look at all of them if you want some of the stuff is scattered around ........Norman

Last edited by a moderator:

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Make sure there is no slack in the clutch cable from your clutch handle down to your clutch plate.If that's not the issue,your clutch pads may need to be cleaned.

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
you may not understand all of this but it shows how to make a leak free intake along with other stuff you can go to my 2-stroke repair center and read and look at all of the pictures to get an idea of how
I'll post a link to one of the posts here.
http://motorbicycling.com/f39/motorized-bicycle-carburetor-install-rebuild-302.html
permalink #12 second photo(#2) shows a little bit on how to seal the cab to intake manifold
I'm not sure if you are having an intake leak or a slipping clutch but it does sound like your engine won't idle. There is an idle speed screw on the carbs side you can turn the screw in to increase the idle speed. Also what fuel mix ratio you using? don't use the 16 to 1 or 20 to 1 try at least 24 to 1 after its broke in go to 32 to 1 mix. If you can find it Poulan makes a syn. oil for 2 strokes mix it 40 to 1 it will burn cleaner very little to no smoke and you feel a slight increase in power or any good syn 2 stroke oil will do the same for cleaner running etc.
spark plug gap is important run a gap of around 0.025 thousands of an inch.
good luck and keep in touch with us
norman
while reading this I was about to suggest that link....I tried the slicone thing with a very positive difference,just watch the silicone if u use the cheap stuff it can flake off and get in the carb....Good luck

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
well.... i found the answer of the motor not starting. the wires from the coil. (blue to blue and black to black) mine was blue to black and black to blue. :p

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
well.... i found the answer of the motor not starting. the wires from the coil. (blue to blue and black to black) mine was blue to black and black to blue. :p
Glad you fixed your problem.. And 70 millimeters per 1 liter petrol is too much!.. 60-50 Millimeters of oil per liter is fine.. If you run it with 70 millimeters you're just gonna foul your spark plugs

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
black to blue will never do!!.......so,she wasnt running at all,you were hearing engine noise I think,I was once pulling my hair out with a broken wire,sounded like she was going but wouldnt kick in.....same problem I think,God bless,stay safe my friend

Last edited:

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
ye, it wasnt running at all. sounded like it because of the engine. i tried everything to fix it. almost gave up at the end. but i asked my father for help and he tried it out. and after 2 secs he just said "ehrm, isnt the wires from the coil supposed to go with the same color wire from the engine?" and i almost started crying. i have spent several hours trying to fix it, and he comes and notice the problem within 2 secs!

dytesaft

Nov 9, 2009
norway
ye, it wasnt running at all. sounded like it because of the engine. i tried everything to fix it. almost gave up at the end. but i asked my father for help and he tried it out. and after 2 secs he just said "ehrm, isnt the wires from the coil supposed to go with the same color wire from the engine?" and i almost started crying. i have spent several hours trying to fix it, and he comes and notice the problem within 2 secs! brnot