Grubee skyhawk gt5 vs the Raw engine

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I have heard the grubee is a great engine,but I have also heard that the raw is a good engine aswell....What are you oppinions one which one is better to go with....I need to make a decision on what to buy next....Im looking to buy a 66cc engine....
John
.trk

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
They're both fine... Whichever one you find the best deal on, you'll be happy!
One site is offering a 6month warranty on the Raw so I guess that would be the one to go with....One website said the Grubee gt5 was the rolls royce of industry haha....I dont think I could imagine any chinese kit being a rolls royce....

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Bikeberry has a 6 month warranty on the Grubee GT5. I just ordered one and used "3daysale" as a $10 code. There is also a $5 code- search here its something like MBCmember. The site will only let you use one code per order.

Waiting on Fed Ex to drop it off today.....where is that truck......

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Bikeberry has a 6 month warranty on the Grubee GT5. I just ordered one and used "3daysale" as a $10 code. There is also a $5 code- search here its something like MBCmember. The site will only let you use one code per order.

Waiting on Fed Ex to drop it off today.....where is that truck......
I did see that Bikeberry does offer a 6 month warranty(they are the site that said the grubee GT5 was the Rolls Royce of the chinese motor kits lol)but do they have free shipping?

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Shipping from Bikeberry was like $29.

I'm not going to completely badmouth but I can say that thus far I am not impressed with Bikeberry. I called them on a problem with the engine out of the box and was essentially told I was wrong and it was not defective. It was suggested that I could send it back if I really wanted but that they would probably look at it and tell me it was fine. Needless to say I am not very pleased.

FYI the ad says 415 chain but they include a regular bike chain. They are aware of this and said the kits have changed. It was offered to send mine back and get a replacement if I picked up shipping both ways. I just wanted what I paid for in the first place. If they didn't intend on shipping a 415 chain, change the ad. My engine was made 7/10/09, they should have had time to change the website by now. It doesn't seem that difficult.

I have tried 2 different Grubee's from 2 companies in the last 2 weeks. Not impressed at all. I paid a bit more thinking it was a better build and I would get customer service. Next time I'm either going with Dax for the customer service or ebay for price. It seems like quality on this stuff is a complete crap shoot independent of "brand".

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Alright a bit of an addition to my earlier post. Set a PM to Bikeberry via this form. They got back quick. Tone in the PM was much better than the guy I dealt with on the phone.

On the motor choices. I have bought 1 Grubee GT4 Starfire and 1 Grubee GT5 Skyhawk in the past 2 weeks. Both require some tinkering. Its a crap shoot.

Next time I'll order based on lowest price independent of brand name.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
This engine also has a thinner sprocket so it should fit. They said the kits were changing. Suspect it's cost savings but what do I know?????