Rear sprocket options

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Re: sproket problem

If the chain on the china engine fits your sprocket that you want to use and you have a way and means of drilling it to fit the china rear sprocket set up/ mounting rags and metal backing plates, then yes it will work. You will be able to climb some steep hills with that set up, not much for speed though.
Norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
There you go! Fairracing is on the ball looks like he's the man as he has done it.
Thanks Fairracing for the pictures!
Norman

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Yeah I did not have any $$$ for a sprocket so I just used what I had. I am using a #41 chain and the rag joint set-up to attach it to the wheel.

sharkcruiser

Jul 14, 2008
charleston sc
Hey Fairracing,

How well does the "rag joint" work with only five bolts in there? I have the chain rings to do the same exact thing and am in the middle of making metal plates for the outside rag right now. If yours works well with just the 5 then I'll do that then.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey Fairracing,

How well does the "rag joint" work with only five bolts in there? I have the chain rings to do the same exact thing and am in the middle of making metal plates for the outside rag right now. If yours works well with just the 5 then I'll do that then.
It worked just fine, just use some fender washers on the back plates.

sharkcruiser

Jul 14, 2008
charleston sc
I think I understand now. Use the fender washers on top of the plates to apply pressure to the areas where the bolts were left out. Sorry about that.

bravofire84

Feb 13, 2008
thanks guys cause im in that same boat i think ill try that way jus have find a way to attach the sprolet to the back wheel.

bravofire84

Feb 13, 2008
Rear sprocket issues

Would anyone have any ideas on hot to mount a front sproket from a bmx on the rear wheel for a rear sproket . All pics and leads appreciated..trk

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Re: Rear sproket issues

it can be done and theres people on here atleast 2 that i know that have done it.
you may have to drill holes in the sprocket and you will be bolting it to the wheel.

if you already have a 44t sprocket on your wheel but you want a smaller one right? for more speed.
lay the your 44t sprocket on top of your bmx sprocket(yes you will have to take it off the bike)
and center the middle hole,using a marker mark a dot threw all the 9 holes of the sprocket
take your bmx sprocket that has 9 dots on it and clamp it to some workbench and use a drill with a metal drill bit(the same size as the bolts that you are currenty using) and drill out the 9 holes. now you can mount it where your bigger sprocket was.

but you know that you can buy diffrent size sprockets and they dont cost much and are stronger.

Last edited: