Agk disc mount sprocket and rotor question

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
So I have a Agk disc mount sprocket and I also want to run a rear disc brake.My question is ...if I put a spacer between the sprocket and the rotor will the 6 disc bolts hold.I would need to upgrade them in length and grade. Not worried about the spacing just holi g the bolts will hold...?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Post a picture or two so we can see exactly what you have and what you're planning to do. That will help us offer some advice.

Tom

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
A standard bicycle caliper can be a difficult fit, requiring 16 to 19mm between disc and sprocket.
What size sprocket, what size disc?
I drill my disc mounting holes out to 6mm, 6x 6mm bolts should be sufficient. And can get away with an 8mm spacer between 203mm disc and 39t sprocket using a pocket bike caliper.
By shaving the caliper I can get a 10mm spacer between a 180mm disc and a 36t.
Latest build I will need about 13mm between a 44t and a 160mm disc.
Hope this helps.
Photos would be good.
I'll try and get some of my set ups.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanks guys Im Actually still building the wheels..and the rest of the bike. So guess I will have to wait to see if I have the space,..I wondered if the 6. Disc bits would hold it...guess it will.If you could post pictures of what you did that the would be awesome..

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
So I have a Agk disc mount sprocket and I also want to run a rear disc brake.My question is ...if I put a spacer between the sprocket and the rotor will the 6 disc bolts hold.I would need to upgrade them in length and grade. Not worried about the spacing just holi g the bolts will hold...?
I think using grade 5 or 8 bolts will hold, but like the others said, spacing will have to wait till you see it in person
(assuming I understood your question.)
I'm thinking IF it fits, there won't be much extra strain on the bolts since the spacer will have to be fairly thin to fit at all.