Running Rich .....help!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Rmountcastle001

May 22, 2013
Saint Paul, MN
Just rejetted my nt carb on my china girl to a #62 and it still runs extremely rich at all speeds and has no power. I have played with the float height for hours with no success and i have to run it without air filter just to get it running halfway decent. WHAT IS GOING ON? IDK what the problem is.its got about 300 miled on it and its always been the same. Mix at 32:1 please help me get the power i want it only goes 15 unless i turn the petcock off and let the bowl run lean and then turn it back on.then for about 10 seconds i runs like it should and then gradually goes back to crappy..help :-|| :-|| :-||

wrexed03

Apr 15, 2013
Melbourne
Try moving the c clip up a position or two also search this forum. Or have a look at some utube videos how to do it if you need further assistance. If this does not work you may need a smaller jet if its only having problems at wide open throttle.
Regards

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Which plug are you using?
I went to a b6hs and no matter what I did it was running rich
change the jets between different sizes put a hole in air filter holder
moved the c clip nothing worked, went back to a b5hs and wala
a nice chocolate plug. Just my experiences with it!
oh and I am running an nt carb

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
do you have a compression gauge there? above 140 is good for a cold motor

is the muffler clogged/blocked?

clean it well & look for seepage along the case seam (tighten case screws if you see some) and look for seepage around the seals too

maybe a crack in carb body?

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
why not just leave the clip where it is and then down the jets for a leaner mix? I have a dellorto sha carb and it came with a .75 jet which my bike would not go at all. no power, very rich mixture. i swapped it out for a .70 which was better but not quite there so i dropped it to .65 and it is much better.

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
No one has mentioned this: Is the carb LEVEL? if it is slanted any, it won't matter what your float is set at or what your jetted with, it'll flood. I had that problem & finally solved it using 5/8" heater hose, hose clamps & 1/2" EMT conduit pipe(about 2 1/2 inches jammed into one end of the hose and them placed into the carb, seals up great! Also makes a great replacement gasket vs. the factory O-ring & nylon spacer), with a homemade bracket carved from an aluminum L bracket to hold the carb flush & level against the seat post with another hose clamp. Not only did it solve my flooding problem, the extra length intake gave me a noticeable improvement in low end & mid range torque.

Just something to think about.

Attachments