Honda GX-25

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Just got a Honda GX-25 from a factory that didn't want it anymore(it ran a pump) It has ran inside all its life and is clean and well maintained, runs strong.

My question is....I want to frame mount it with a chain drive or belt, is this advisable and enough power? Sounds like it has some nuts to it and revs pretty high.

Worth my time or no, plus where can I get the right clutch for this thing?

I given up on my two stroke and now rekindled my passion since I received this 4 stroke....just need to get it on the bike if possible.

thanks.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I was looking for a frame mount kit for above the pedal bottom bracket. Looks like it is limited for the GX 25 though if at all.

Friction drive may be ok though merely so I can use this engine on something and have fun on the bike, but....it looks geeky in the back above the tire lol.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
http://www.staton-inc.com/store/products/5_to_1_54_mm_INSIDE_DRIVE_Gear_Box-881-27.html

This gearbox moves the drive to the right side for a frame mount, fits the 54mm clutch, and is perfect for a shifter bike. A shifter would be good on a small engine like that so you can operate on different terain. You'd have to figure out the motor mount situation.
$99 is a steal for this gearbox if it is still available.

http://www.staton-inc.com/store/pro...IDE_DRIVE_Gear_Box_ONLY_No_Engine-255-11.html

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
yepp, that's what I'm looking for and I see it uses the stock chain so I can shift the bike as normal as if I were pedaling it. Perfect and I see one is 169 and the other 99 dollars, both look the same. Was there a sale or something?

I'll look into that, and I can figure out how to mount it easily.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
This shouldn't be to bad of a build, just mount it nicely and run the chain well. The engine is bullet proof....gotta love those one pull starts with a pull starter.