new boardtrack project

GoldenMotor.com

boardtracklover

Mar 4, 2012
canada
hello everyone! i am somewhat of a noob when it comes to board tracks but i love them so i decided to build one from the ground up.....hopefully. i searched google sketchup 3d warehouse under motorcycles and found a cool looking board track racer design. i have made all of the mesurements and im going to the local weld shop on the march break to get all 225 inches of steel. heres the details
- briggs and stratton 5hp engine
-large gas tank like a BTR
-custom frame and exhaust
-motorcycle wheels

dance1

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Will be watching for progress photos.
hello everyone! i am somewhat of a noob when it comes to board tracks but i love them so i decided to build one from the ground up.....hopefully. i searched google sketchup 3d warehouse under motorcycles and found a cool looking board track racer design. i have made all of the mesurements and im going to the local weld shop on the march break to get all 225 inches of steel. heres the details
- briggs and stratton 5hp engine
-large gas tank like a BTR
-custom frame and exhaust
-motorcycle wheels

dance1

Last edited:

boardtracklover

Mar 4, 2012
canada
might change the engine because im still not 100% on that plan. either a briggs 5hp, a 1 or 2 cylinder motorcycle engine or a small vintage engine like an iron horse or a briggs wmb??? sugestions of a cheap cool looking engine anyone??

boardtracklover

Mar 4, 2012
canada
i already have a wmb with a kick start.. it just seems a little too low h.p dont you find. although there is a really neat ww2 "mite cycle" build on www.vintageprojects.com (its under mini bikes and scooters and at the bottom its called mini motorcycle or something)
its an option if i could get enough speed out of it.
till next time :)
p.s. its called "old school motorcycle" hope you enjoy

Last edited:

boardtracklover

Mar 4, 2012
canada
started work on the wmb today, very good spark and is a deacent runner. BUT i was talking to my dad about what type of power plant i should use and he said "instead on trying to use a low power piece of junk engine, why dont you use a bigger motorcycle engine that works." so... untill the march break this thread will be somewhat boring. hopefully a vintage jawa motorcycle engine will be in que for the project. more to come.

boardtracklover

Mar 4, 2012
canada
looking for some sort of light system for my bike... possibly driven off a wheel generator or something. if anybody has ever done this before please post how you did it and maybe some pic's and diagrams. Has anybody ever used google sketchup8. if not it is a great system to use for computer assisted design. best of all its free! type sketchup8 into google and download the free version.