harbor freight 2.5 on sale.

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I had been waiting for the harbor freight engine to go on sale to begin collecting parts for my perfect retirement bike. Well believe it or not the engine is on sale for 79.99 today. I even paid to have it shipped to my house since the nearest store is twenty miles away and gas is 4bucks a gallon. It is on the way hip hip ect.

with shipping, and tax it was only 98 bucks and change. happy dance in progress... This will be my first brand new bike engine since the kit I bought when I first started here in o8

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I had promised my wife I would not build another bike till at least one of the two I have now wore out. But I had been waiting for a really good deal on that motor and it was there, so I bought it.

I had an old coaster wheel that I had thrown some bike parts through the spokes on, so I cut it down to make my friction drive from the hub. I even ordered the sprocket. Now I just have to force myself to wait for a 24" coaster bike to show up in the thrift store. Of course I might also just bite the bullet and buy a new one. That is if the bikes I have go out.

I might do a craig's list and try to get some of my money back on the two I have here now. That would be the smart thing to do. My shop has three power bikes and three kids bikes in it now. I have to get some space before I build again that's for sure. I might just build the drive and not mount it on a bike.

You know honey just to be sure the engine runs. lol

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Thanks for the heads up.

I ordered 1 up, $80 shipped. Cheaper than a 2 stroke!

Don't know what I will ever do with it, but too good to pass up.