Buzzard's Summer

GoldenMotor.com

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Yo Silverbear, 2Door, FastEddy, Professor, MIchiganMike, & the rest of you Old Timers....Newbies too...
It's been a busy summer. Haven't had much time to post. Been riding the little friction drive subaru back and forth from work almost everyday. A very dependable little ride. Ride all week on less than a gallon of gas, and no tire problems. Got the HF Raleigh touring bike up and running. Took some shake down rides almost all of June, rode 300, 400 and looped through the Western park of the state. 800 miles total. The only mechanical issues was the throttle control and the carburetor, this little engine pulls hard and the vibration is minimum, I removed the governor completely running a 12/1 ratio pulliing a Bob's trailer. Stayed mostly on secondary roads camped out took car wash showers Ma & Pa restaurants just a laid back good time. Love these small towns. There is always somebody that works on bikes or a small bike shop and are more than willing to help you out no matter what you bring through the door. Try to get that kind of service from your local spandex franchise shop! Got my winter project to work on now. I bought a Grant stiletto chopper frame and jack shaft. New out of the box for $150... SOME BARGAIN! Don't know what I'm going to do with it just right now, doing some minor upgrades on it. I have a question--has any body had any experience with Stantons' kit for this bike? It's a little pricey, but I think the quality is worth it. He sure makes a good friction drive.
LadyG's had a busy summer too. We have a brand new Great Grandson to entertain. Our Army Granddaughter had little Jeremiah August 28 and they just left from visiting Great Grandma -- "GG" and Great Grandpa -- "Papaw". He is sure a cute little guy. Wish we were closer so we could see them more often, but Mama is stationed at Ft. Sill in Lawton OK and Daddy is in Korea.
I will be retiring permanently in May. I just might try a bike trip down there.
buzzard (& LadyG)
.trk

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Yo Silverbear, 2Door, FastEddy, Professor, MIchiganMike, & the rest of you Old Timers....Newbies too...
It's been a busy summer. Haven't had much time to post. Been riding the little friction drive subaru back and forth from work almost everyday. A very dependable little ride. Ride all week on less than a gallon of gas, and no tire problems. Got the HF Raleigh touring bike up and running. Took some shake down rides almost all of June, rode 300, 400 and looped through the Western park of the state. 800 miles total. The only mechanical issues was the throttle control and the carburetor, this little engine pulls hard and the vibration is minimum, I removed the governor completely running a 12/1 ratio pulliing a Bob's trailer. Stayed mostly on secondary roads camped out took car wash showers Ma & Pa restaurants just a laid back good time. Love these small towns. There is always somebody that works on bikes or a small bike shop and are more than willing to help you out no matter what you bring through the door. Try to get that kind of service from your local spandex franchise shop! Got my winter project to work on now. I bought a Grant stiletto chopper frame and jack shaft. New out of the box for $150... SOME BARGAIN! Don't know what I'm going to do with it just right now, doing some minor upgrades on it. I have a question--has any body had any experience with Stantons' kit for this bike? It's a little pricey, but I think the quality is worth it. He sure makes a good friction drive.
LadyG's had a busy summer too. We have a brand new Great Grandson to entertain. Our Army Granddaughter had little Jeremiah August 28 and they just left from visiting Great Grandma -- "GG" and Great Grandpa -- "Papaw". He is sure a cute little guy. Wish we were closer so we could see them more often, but Mama is stationed at Ft. Sill in Lawton OK and Daddy is in Korea.
I will be retiring permanently in May. I just might try a bike trip down there.
buzzard (& LadyG)
.trk
well buzzard ,,, i just could not pass an thread on summer ... the first thing that comes to mind is ... cheek and chongs ,, how i spent my summer vacation ,,, an small lol will do LOL

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hey Buzzard,
Bike camping sounds like a fun way to travel the slow lane and see America up close. And a new grandson. Baby's are nice. Especially other people's babies that you can hand back when a diaper needs changing or it's grandpa's nap time. Yeah, I do love the little people. Please pass along my greeting and congratulations to Lady G.
Bike project sounds good.
SB