Notice! Crazy Horse Pedal Engines 4 Stroke Need Help Find Suppliers

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hey, everyone are you interested in finding a chinese cloned honda trail bike 4 stroke engine with pedal's like the ones that were sold in the late 60's thru the late 80's or early 90's.

I'm trying to locate a source for these engines here in the USA, so far Larry @ hooper imports doesn't have them & Loncin of Canada doesn't show them as available on their website either.

However, I've found some internet suppliers that sell the complete pedal moped versions from $799 to $1200.00. These mopeds are using the same engines that were and still are used on the Chinese cloned Mini Trail 50 or Monkey Bikes & cloned Honda CT70, only difference is these moped versions of this Chinese cloned horizontal 4 stroke engines is that where the Kick start Lever is on the regular engine has been replaced with a pedal crank-shaft. Pedal start the engine or just use the electric starter.

If you know of any other companies that sell this type of 4 stroke honda trail bike 50cc cloned engine with pedals like those used on True Pedal Mopeds please share it here with everyone.

Here's a couple of internet companies that I've found that do sell the complete moped:
Motorino 50cc moped, Lazer or Laser moped is a classic moped just like the Tomos moped but at a major discount

Laser 50cc Mopeds With Pedals For Sale, A True Pedal Start Moped!

50cc SSR Lazer 5 4-Stroke Moped Scooter

SPZ LACER 49CC MOPED 49cc,50cc scooter, moped,scooters, moped ::supersportz.com [49cc moped] - $799.99 : ATVs Scooters & Mopeds, Go Karts & Dirt Bikes!, Powersports at Discount Prices

I've contacted a few chinese companies but I'm not sure about them being legitimate and I'm not going to send them my money and get burnt! The best thing to do is just wait till one of these USA based internet companies that sells the complete moped starts selling just the engine!

Here's a few pic's of these engines alone & on a moped chassis:

If you'd like to help in the search for an American USA based company, source / supplier of these pedal 4 stroke chinese cloned honda engines that would be great, thanks for checking out this thread!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
C'mon members can any of you add any other companies or know of any other companies that might be selling these Honda 4 Stroke Mini Trail 50 or Honda CT 70 chinese cloned engines with pedals.

Most likely they are building them as complete mopeds I just wish we could get them to sell us just the engines with pedals, we don't need the complete moped rolling chassis!

If you do decide to try and help find a supplier I'd suggest when you google search try inputing, chinese moped with pedal, or true pedal moped, or chinese moped engine, etc etc....

Peace Crazy Horse!

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
found something like it but its on an DERBI MOPED 2 MILES PUCH TOMOS SACHS VESPA MOTOBECANE (kinda like it) I will look from time to time . if I see the right people when we have cruiseing on the coast Ill ask... P.S I didnt see nothing at bike week in myrtle beach this year.. kinda bumed out to me ,,,,maybe the Honda hobbit was on to something ,,, or maybe the tomos will make an comeback and we can just get the motors for these bikes

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I really appreciate being a member of this forum, and I'd like to thank everyone who has shown an interest in the Honda clone 4-stroke engine with pedals!

I'm really excited about something I found while OCD'ing and scouring the internet.

Finally I've found a USA _____ and they have _______, so stay tuned I'll be filling in the blanks very soon, with some very exciting news regarding this thread!

Peace Crazy Horse.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
East Coast

Did You Notice, The $300. Price Is For Crazy Horse Only. The Other Price Is $399.

Joe (crazy Horse) Called Me From Md And Told Me About It. I Think He Said The Whole Moped Is Around $700.+ A Nice Looking Machine.

I`m Thinking A Frame Would Need To Be Modified To Get The Pedal`s Low Enough. A Neat Unit For Sure. Ron.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
East Coast

Did You Notice, The $300. Price Is For Crazy Horse Only. The Other Price Is $399.

Joe (crazy Horse) Called Me From Md And Told Me About It. I Think He Said The Whole Moped Is Around $700.+ A Nice Looking Machine.

I`m Thinking A Frame Would Need To Be Modified To Get The Pedal`s Low Enough. A Neat Unit For Sure. Ron.
I'd love to see a vintage cruiser frame modified to accept one of these engines. If it had a two speed transmission with pedal and electric start... four stroke.. pretty reasonably priced setup when you consider what you're getting.
SB