first bike, few questions

GoldenMotor.com

flying at a tree

Jun 1, 2010
new orleans, louisiana
after reading most of the threads in the forum i think i know whats what.... then again, thats usually when i blow something up, so figured i'd ask before i play the "how far away from home can I grenade an engine" game
sorry for links needing to be copied, 2nd post so still not an active member (yet)

1) engine- looking at a 66cc slant engine (slant is more power if i read correctly, i like more power)
was looking at one from BGF, unless a grubee engine or something else would be better quality
cgi.ebay.com/BICYCLE-motor-engine-kit-motorized-gas-bike-80CC-slant-/190395760237?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5478be6d#ht_15015wt_911

2) headlight- will be riding this at night half of the time, most of the time on a bike path (unlit) but also light street use (work to bike path, bike path to house) so looking for a decent headlight (prefer led, powered by engine, but could use battery powered as well)

3) boost bottle?- have heard that they give better preformance at lower revs, and have heard that they are the same as all the 20$ "magical fuel saving devices" you can by for your car, so wondering if anyone has anything good to say about them, any worth at all?

4) .piratecycles1.com/ipstoil.html
Ipone Strawberry Oil
really, smells like strawberries? thats kinda interesting, anyone try this out?

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Oh to filter spam is why. Ya just need to make some more post. The forum will not let spam in its a filter feature. If it still does not work pm a moderator. looking forward to your picts we all love picts here!

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
flying,
I'll try to help you with your questions.

1. "They" say slant has more power, I have 2, great motor, the key is buying from a reputable dealer so you have support if something needs warrantee. The last thing ya wanna end up with is a $60 shipping bill to cover the cost od a $20 part. Several forum sponsors are listed to the left and right sidebars.

2. There are some lights that run off the white wire that are OK, take a look in "Norms 2 stroke repair center" thread for some suggestions. If your doing allot of night riding, I would run a rechargable battery, just my 2 cents.

3. Boost bottle, MY opinion only, this engine is not ported to benefit from a boost bottle setup, they may look cool, whatever... your call, good conversation piece.

4. Strawberry oil... OK... comes with the handlebar tassles, I guess it works, I prefer to use a good synthetic, like Amsoil Sabre @ 32:1, it doesn't smoke, really, at all, so you don't have to worry about folks on the street thinking you work for the county as a mosiquto control technician. Better for the motor too, saves $$... got your attention??

OK, OK... just having a little fun, after all it's 4:22am est. You feel free to ask questions so ya don't make the same mistakes $$ many of us made already. Life's lessons repeated until learned!!

Mac

flying at a tree

Jun 1, 2010
new orleans, louisiana
yeah, i'd be using the regular oil anyway, just saw it when i was looking around on pirate cycles, made me laugh, and reminded me of the tires they used to (possibly still do) sell that did the same thing when you smoked them

thanks for the answers

flying at a tree

Jun 1, 2010
new orleans, louisiana
probably! (same truck i learned how to drive on though, so about time for it to finally get a break)
ordering parts tonight, plan on getting

66cc slant engine kit from BGF
already got new spark plug for engine
have a gas tank already, just have to rip out the bits from the kit tank to put on my Heineken 5l mini keg

cant think of anything else i need at first, if you think of anything let me know