Chain is stuck in engine sprocket, need help

GoldenMotor.com

JonG

Feb 19, 2010
CA
Hello, I just finished building my motorized bicycle (skyhawk48cc/pantera) today and got to ride it twice. On the second ride I made a sharp right turn while going fast. While on the sharp turn I heard a pop on the engine (i hope the engines alright). I pedaled back to the garage with the 415 chain severely stuck inside the engine sprocket. Possible lessons (chain was tight), use the chain tensioner, maybe go slow on turns when testing it out. Anywho, any suggestions for popping out the chain? its stuck tight.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I wonder why (or if) it made a difference which direction you turned. (???) Is the chain tight all the way around? Is your rear wheel still true? Did a couple of links "jack-knife" in there? Bairdco's right, we may need to see a few pics. Maybe a closeup of the drive sprocket and a more wide-angle view of the whole rear end.

JonG

Feb 19, 2010
CA
two engine sprocket teeth are on the outside but you cant tell from the picture quality

JonG

Feb 19, 2010
CA
Reply, yes I have that tool, I guess I'll I try to figure it out with some guidance from a mechanic

JonG

Feb 19, 2010
CA
ok unjammed it, chain is alright, didnt pull out the engine sprocket but I got the puller stuck in the sprocket, how do i pull out the pulley from the sprocket when the engine keeps turning?

JonG

Feb 19, 2010
CA
Thanks for the advice, motorized bicycle is all setup again, will test out in the morning.